Death of bamboo triggers regeneration of overstory tree in a southern beech forest
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2009
© The Author (2009). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2009)
Volume 181, Issue 4, pages 749–750, March 2009
How to Cite
Baskin, J. M. (2009), Death of bamboo triggers regeneration of overstory tree in a southern beech forest. New Phytologist, 181: 749–750. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.02757.x
- Issue published online: 9 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2009
- 1994. Light gaps: sensing the light opportunities in highly dynamic environments. In: Caldwell MM, Pearcy RW, eds. Exploitation of environmental heterogeneity by plants: ecophysiological processes above- and below ground. San Diego, CA, USA: Academic Press, 73–110. .
- 1998. Seeds: ecology, biogeography, and evolution of dormancy and germination. San Diego, CA, USA: Academic Press. , .
- 1954. Action of light on lettuce seed germination. Botanical Gazette 115: 205–225. .
- 2005. The signal transducing photoreceptors of plants. International Journal of Developmental Biology 49: 653–664. , , .
- 2005. Phytochromes and shade-avoidance responses in plants. Annals of Botany 96: 169–175. , .
- 1984. Ecological determinants of life history evolution of two Indian bamboo species. Biotropica 16: 161–172. .
- 2009. Gregarious bamboo flowering opens a window of opportunity for regeneration in a temperate forest of Patagonia. New Phytologist 181: 880–889. , , .
- 1975. The function of phytochrome in plants growing in natural conditions. Nature 254: 512–514. .
- 1976. Why do bamboos wait so long to flower? Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 7: 347–391. .
- 2000. Large-seeded species are less dependent on light for germination than small-seeded ones. Seed Science Research 10: 99–104. .
- 2000. Seed response to light. In: Fenner M, ed. Seeds: the ecology of regeneration in plant communities, 2nd edn. Wallingford, UK: CABI Publishing, 237–260. .
- 1982. Light quality, photoperception, and plant strategy. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 33: 481–518. .
- 1994. Sensing the light environment: the functions of the phytochrome family. In: Kendrick RE, Kronenberg GHM, eds. Photomorphogenesis in plants, 2nd edn. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 377–416. .
- 1990. Phytochrome, a family of photoreceptors with multiple physiological roles. Plant, Cell & Environment 13: 695–707. .
- 1988. Phytochrome: the visual pigment. Plants Today 1: 157–161. .
- 2008. Ecology of seed germination of eight nonpioneer tree species from a tropical seasonal rain forest in southwest China. Plant Ecology 197: 1–16. , , , ,