Genetic analysis identifies quantitative trait loci controlling rosette mineral concentrations in Arabidopsis thaliana under drought
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2009
© The Authors (2009). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2009)
Volume 184, Issue 1, pages 180–192, October 2009
How to Cite
Ghandilyan, A., Barboza, L., Tisné, S., Granier, C., Reymond, M., Koornneef, M., Schat, H. and Aarts, M. G. M. (2009), Genetic analysis identifies quantitative trait loci controlling rosette mineral concentrations in Arabidopsis thaliana under drought. New Phytologist, 184: 180–192. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.02953.x
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2009
- Received: 2 February 2009Accepted: 11 May 2009
- 2006. Plasticity to soil water deficit in Arabidopsis thaliana: dissection of leaf development into underlying growth dynamic and cellular variables reveals invisible phenotypes. Plant, Cell & Environment 29: 2216–2227. , , , , ,
- 2008. The leaf ionome as a multivariable system to detect a plant's physiological status. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 12081–12086. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The genetics of phytate and phosphate accumulation in seeds and leaves of Arabidopsis thaliana, using natural variation. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 106: 1234–1243. , , ,
- 2008. Natural variation in Arabidopsis thaliana as a tool for highlighting differential drought responses. PLoS ONE 3: e1705. , , , , ,
- 2001. Growth stage-based phenotypic analysis of Arabidopsis: a model for high throughput functional genomics in plants. Plant Cell 13: 1499–1510. , , , , , ,
- 2008. Shoot calcium and magnesium concentrations differ between subtaxa, are highly heritable, and associate with potentially pleiotropic loci in Brassica oleracea. Plant Pysiology 146: 1707–1720. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2005. The role of potassium in alleviating detrimental effects of abiotic stresses in plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 168: 521–530.
- 1997. EPISTAT: a computer program for identifying and testing interactions between pairs of quantitative trait loci. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 94: 724–730. , , .
- 1956. Microdetermination of phosphorus. Analytical Chemistry 28: 1756–1758. , ,
- 2006. Variation of enzyme activities and metabolite levels in 24 Arabidopsis accessions growing in carbon-limited conditions. Plant Physiology 142: 1574–1588. , , , , , , ,
- 1980. Pairwise multiple comparisons in the unequal variance case. Journal of the American Statistical Association 75: 796–800. .
- 2006. New Arabidopsis recombinant inbred line populations genotyped using SNPWave and their use for mapping flowering-time quantitative trait loci. Genetics 172: 1867–1876. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Life-cycle phases of a zinc- and cadmium-resistant ecotype of Silene vulgaris in risk assessment of polymetallic mine soils. Environmental Pollution 107: 329–338. , .
- 2009. A strong effect of growth medium and organ type on the identification of QTLs for phytate and mineral concentrations in three Arabidopsis thaliana RIL populations. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 1409–1425. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2006. PHENOPSIS, an automated platform for reproducible phenotyping of plant responses to soil water deficit in Arabidopsis thaliana permitted the identification of an accession with low sensitivity to soil water deficit. New Phytologist 169: 623–635. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2006. Genetic mapping of natural variation in potassium concentrations in shoots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 953–960. , .
- 2006. How do plants respond to nutrient shortage by biomass allocation? Trends in Plant Science 11: 610–617. , , ,
- 2005. Drought and salinity: a comparison of their effects on mineral nutrition of plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 168: 541–549. ,
- 2007. Comparative mapping of fiber, protein, and mineral content QTLs in two interspecific Leymus wildrye full-sib families. Molecular Breeding 20: 331–347. ,
- 2001. Phylogenetic relationships within cation transporter families of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 126: 1646–1667. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2008. Biofortified crops to alleviate micronutrient malnutrition. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 166–170. , ,
- 1996. Effects of water stress on plant growth and root proteins in three cultivars of rice (Oryza sativa) with different levels of drought tolerance. Physiologia Plantarum 96: 284–290. , , , ,
- 1986. Interactions of surface drying and subsurface nutrients affecting plant growth on acidic soil profiles from an old pasture. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture 26: 681–689. , .
- 2006. Natural variants of AtHKT1 enhance Na+ accumulation in two wild populations of Arabidopsis. PLoS Genetics 2: e210. , , , , , , .
- 2004. AtHKT1 facilitates Na+ homeostasis and K+ nutrition in planta. Plant Physiology 136: 2500–2511. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Water relations of white clover (Trifolium repens L.) in a drying soil, as a function of phosphorus supply and defoliation frequency. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 48: 675–682. , , .
- 1989. Using plant breeding and genetics to overcome the incidence of grass tetany. Journal of Animal Science 67: 3456–3462. , , , .
- 2008. Combined genetic and modeling approaches reveal that epidermal cell area and number in leaves are controlled by leaf and plant developmental processes in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 148: 1117–1127. , , , , , ,
- 2004. Natural variation and QTL analysis for cationic mineral content in seeds of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 828–839. , , , , .
- 2008. Quantitative trait locus mapping for seed mineral concentrations in two Arabidopsis thaliana recombinant inbred populations. New Phytologist 179: 1033–1047. , .
- 2007. Characterization of natural variation for zinc, iron and manganese accumulation and zinc exposure response in Brassica rapa L. Plant and Soil 291: 167–180. , , , , , .
- 2008. Mapping QTLs for mineral accumulation and shoot dry biomass under different Zn nutritional conditions in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa L. ssp. pekinensis). Plant and Soil 310: 25–40. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2008. Quantitative trait loci analysis of phytate and phosphate concentrations in seeds and leaves of Brassica rapa. Plant, Cell & Environment 31: 887–900. , , , , , , , ,