The Arabidopsis MCM2 gene is essential to embryo development and its over-expression alters root meristem function
Version of Record online: 24 JUL 2009
© The Authors (2009). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2009)
Volume 184, Issue 2, pages 311–322, October 2009
How to Cite
Ni, D. A., Sozzani, R., Blanchet, S., Domenichini, S., Reuzeau, C., Cella, R., Bergounioux, C. and Raynaud, C. (2009), The Arabidopsis MCM2 gene is essential to embryo development and its over-expression alters root meristem function. New Phytologist, 184: 311–322. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.02961.x
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 JUL 2009
- Received: 23 April 2009Accepted: 19 May 2009
- 2004. The PLETHORA genes mediate patterning of the Arabidopsis root stem cell niche. Cell 119: 109–120. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2006. Role of cytokinin and auxin in shaping root architecture: regulating vascular differentiation, lateral root initiation, root apical dominance and root gravitropism. Annals of Botany (Lond) 97: 883–893. , , , .
- 2003. Genome-wide insertional mutagenesis of Arabidopsis thaliana. Science 301: 653–657. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2008. Requirement of B2-type cyclin-dependent kinases for meristem integrity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 20: 88–100. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The PIN auxin efflux facilitator network controls growth and patterning in Arabidopsis roots. Nature 433: 39–44. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Preventing re-replication of chromosomal DNA. Nature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology 6: 476–486. ,
- 2007. A high-resolution root spatiotemporal map reveals dominant expression patterns. Science 318: 801–806. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Replication factors MCM2 and ORC1 interact with the histone acetyltransferase HBO1. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276: 15397–15408. , , , .
- 2008. Identification and characterization of a rice MCM2 homologue required for DNA replication. BMB Reports 41: 581–586. , , , .
- 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 16: 735–743. , .
- 2004. Genetic interaction of an origin recognition complex subunit and the Polycomb group gene MEDEA during seed development. Plant Cell 16: 1035–1046. , , , ,
- 1999. Technical advance: spatio-temporal analysis of mitotic activity with a labile cyclin-GUS fusion protein. Plant Journal 20: 503–508. , , ,
- 2007. Differential requirements for MCM proteins in DNA replication in Drosophila S2 cells. PLoS ONE 2: e833. , , , , , ,
- 2006. ATR and ATM play both distinct and additive roles in response to ionizing radiation. Plant Journal 48: 947–961. , , , , .
- 2008. Proximal-distal patterns of transcription factor gene expression during Arabidopsis root development. Journal of Experimental Botany 59: 235–45. , , , ,
- 2007. Auxin-dependent regulation of lateral root positioning in the basal meristem of Arabidopsis. Development 134: 681–690. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2007. The ins and outs of the plant cell cycle. Nature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology 8: 655–665. , ,
- 2005. Stem cell research goes underground: the RETINOBLASTOMA-RELATED gene in root development. Cell 123: 1180–1182. , .
- 2006. The fertilization-induced DNA replication factor MCM6 of maize shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus, and is essential for plant growth and development. Plant Physiology 140: 512–527. , , , ,
- 2004. Plant retinoblastoma homologues control nuclear proliferation in the female gametophyte. Nature 429: 776–780. , ,
- 2006. The replication kinase Cdc7-Dbf4 promotes the interaction of the p150 subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1 with proliferating cell nuclear antigen. EMBO Reports 7: 817–823. , , , , , ,
- 2008. Cleavage of MCM2 licensing protein fosters senescence in human keratinocytes. Cell Cycle 7: 3534–3538. , , , , , , .
- 2006. In situ hybridization technique for mRNA detection in whole mount Arabidopsis samples. Nature Protocols 1: 1939–1946. , , , , ,
- 2006. Arabidopsis CDKA;1, a cdc2 homologue, controls proliferation of generative cells in male gametogenesis. Plant Journal 45: 819–831. , ,
- 1996. Physical interactions among Mcm proteins and effects of Mcm dosage on DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Molecular and Cellular Biology 16: 5081–5090. , , .
- 2006. MCM proteins and DNA replication. Current Opinion in Cell Biology 18: 130–136. , ,
- 2004. Genome based identification and analysis of the pre-replicative complex of Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Letters 574: 192–202. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The D-type cyclin CYCD3;1 is limiting for the G1-to-S-phase transition in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 18: 893–906. , , , .
- 2006. Identification of Mcm2 phosphorylation sites by S-phase-regulating kinases. Journal of Biological Chemistry 281: 10281–10290. , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Transcriptional profile of the Arabidopsis root quiescent center. Plant Cell 17: 1908–1925. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. A positive signal from the fertilization of the egg cell sets off endosperm proliferation in angiosperm embryogenesis. Nature Genetics 38: 63–67. , , , , ,
- 1999. Cytokinin activation of Arabidopsis cell division through a D-type cyclin. Science 283: 1541–1544. , , , .
- 2003. An Arabidopsis thaliana T-DNA mutagenized population (GABI-Kat) for flanking sequence tag-based reverse genetics. Plant Molecular Biology 53: 247–259. , , , , ,
- 1996. cDNA cloning and characterisation of a maize homologue of the MCM proteins required for the initiation of DNA replication. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 252: 125–136. , , , , .
- 2007. Stem-cell niches: nursery rhymes across kingdoms. Nature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology 8: 345–354.
- 1994. Embryonic origin of the Arabidopsis primary root and root meristem initials. Development 120: 2475–2487. , , , , , ,
- 2000. Seed and molecular resources for Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 124: 1477–1480. , , .
- 2009. Dynamic localization of the DNA replication proteins MCM5 and MCM7 in plants. Plant Physiology 150: 658–669. , , , ,
- 2007. Genome-wide analysis of the core DNA replication machinery in the higher plants Arabidopsis and rice. Plant Physiology 144: 1697–1714. , , , .
- 2000. The essential Mcm7 protein PROLIFERA is localized to the nucleus of dividing cells during the G(1) phase and is required maternally for early Arabidopsis development. Development 127: 1815–1822. , , , , .
- 1998. Negative regulation of DNA replication by the retinoblastoma protein is mediated by its association with MCM7. Molecular and Cellular Biology 18: 2748–2757. , , , , .
- 2004. A CDC45 homolog in Arabidopsis is essential for meiosis, as shown by RNA interference-induced gene silencing. Plant Cell 16: 99–113. , , , , , , ,
- 2002. Two E2F sites in the Arabidopsis MCM3 promoter have different roles in cell cycle activation and meristematic expression. Journal of Biological Chemistry 277: 32978–32984. , , , , ,
- 2003. ‘Big it up’: endoreduplication and cell-size control in plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 6: 544–553. ,
- 1995. Cell proliferation and DNA replication defects in a Drosophila MCM2 mutant. Genes & Development 9: 1709–1715. , , , .
- 2006. Essential role of phosphorylation of MCM2 by Cdc7/Dbf4 in the initiation of DNA replication in mammalian cells. Molecular Biology of the Cell 17: 4459–4472. , ,
- 1996. The effect of a combination of decapitation treatments, zeatin and benzyladenine on the initiation and emergence of lateral roots in Pisum sativum. South African Journal of Botany 62: 11–16. ,
- 2005. Genome-wide identification of potential plant E2F target genes. Plant Physiology 139: 316–328. , , , , , , , ,
- 2001. Construct design for efficient, effective and high-throughput gene silencing in plants. Plant Journal 27: 581–590. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2005. The RETINOBLASTOMA-RELATED gene regulates stem cell maintenance in Arabidopsis roots. Cell 123: 1337–1349. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Molecular analysis of SCARECROW function reveals a radial patterning mechanism common to root and shoot. Development 127: 595–603. , , , , .
- 2006. A molecular framework for plant regeneration. Science 311: 385–388. , , , , ,