Do metabolic fluxes matter for interpreting isotopic respiratory signals?
Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
© The Authors (2010). Journal compilation © New Phytologist Trust (2010)
Volume 186, Issue 3, pages 566–568, May 2010
How to Cite
Tcherkez, G. (2010), Do metabolic fluxes matter for interpreting isotopic respiratory signals?. New Phytologist, 186: 566–568. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03178.x
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
- 2009. Stable carbon isotopes reveal dynamics of respiratory metabolism. New Phytologist 181: 243–245. , .
- 2007. A new measurement technique reveals rapid post-illumination changes in the carbon isotope composition of leaf respired CO2. Plant, Cell & Environment 30: 469–482. , , , , .
- 2009. Metabolic origin of the δ13C of respired CO2 in roots of Phaseolus vulgaris. New Phytologist 181: 387–399. , , , , , .
- 1987. Depletion of 13C in lignin and its implication for stable carbon isotope studies. Nature 329: 708–710. , , , .
- 2008. Carbon isotopes in terrestrial ecosystem pools and CO2 fluxes. New Phytologist 178: 24–40. , , .
- 2009. On the metabolic origin of the carbon isotope composition of CO2 evolved from darkened light-acclimated leaves in Ricinus communis. New Phytologist 181: 374–386. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Can lignin be accurately measured? Crop Science 45: 832–839. , .
- 2001. Fractionation of carbon and hydrogen isotopes in biosynthetic processes. Revista Mineral Geochemistry 43: 225–277. .
- 2005. Large daily variation in 13C-enrichment of leaf-respired CO2 in two Quercus forest canopies. New Phytologist 167: 377–384. , , , .
- 1987. Carbon isotope effects on the pyruvate dehydrogenase reaction and their importance for relative carbon 13 depletion in lipids. Journal of Biological Chemistry 262: 8159–8164. , .
- 2009. Introduction to a Virtual Special Issue: probing the carbon cycle with 13C. New Phytologist 184: 1–3. .
- 2005. Emerging topics in stable isotope ecology: are there isotope effects in plant respiration? New Phytologist 167: 321–323. .
- 2009. Pronounced differences in diurnal variation of carbon isotope composition of leaf respired CO2 among functional groups. New Phytologist 181: 400–412. , , .
- 1991. Evidence for a non-statistical carbon isotope distribution in natural glucose. Plant Physiology 96: 609–614. , , .
- 2003. Metabolic origin of carbon isotope composition of leaf dark-respired CO2 in French bean. Plant Physiology 131: 237–244. , , , , , .
- 2007. Evaluating high time resolved changes in carbon isotope ratio of respired CO2 by a rapid in-tube incubation technique. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 21: 1352–1360. , , , , .
- 2009. Short term dynamics of isotopic composition of leaf respired CO2 upon darkening: measurements and implications. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 23: 2428–2438. , , , , .