OsNOA1/RIF1 is a functional homolog of AtNOA1/RIF1: implication for a highly conserved plant cGTPase essential for chloroplast function
Article first published online: 28 APR 2010
© The Authors (2010). Journal compilation © New Phytologist Trust (2010)
Volume 187, Issue 1, pages 83–105, July 2010
How to Cite
Liu, H., Lau, E., Lam, M. P. Y., Chu, H., Li, S., Huang, G., Guo, P., Wang, J., Jiang, L., Chu, I. K., Lo, C. and Tao, Y. (2010), OsNOA1/RIF1 is a functional homolog of AtNOA1/RIF1: implication for a highly conserved plant cGTPase essential for chloroplast function. New Phytologist, 187: 83–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03264.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2010
- Received: 18 October 2009, Accepted: 7 March 2010
- 2000. A prediction of the size and evolutionary origin of the proteome of chloroplasts of Arabidopsis. Trends in Plant Science 5: 141–142. , , .
- 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 16: 735–743. , .
- 2006. Plant nitric oxide synthase: back to square one. Trends in Plant Science 11: 526–527. , , , , , .
- 2004. Ancient invasions: from endosymbionts to organelles. Science 304: 253–257. , , .
- 2008. Retrograde signaling and plant stress: plastid signals initiate cellular stress responses. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 11: 509–513. , .
- 2008. A mutant impaired in the production of plastome-encoded proteins uncovers a mechanism for the homeostasis of isoprenoid biosynthetic enzymes in Arabidopsis plastids. Plant Cell 20: 1303–1315. , , , , .
- 2009. Hunting for plant nitric oxide synthase provides new evidence of a central role for plastids in nitric oxide metabolism. Plant Cell 21: 18–23. , , , .
- 2002. Light-dependent death of maize lls1 cells is mediated by mature chloroplasts. Plant Physiology 130: 1894–1907. , , , , .
- 2003. Coordination of plastid and nuclear gene expression. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 358: 135–144. , , , , .
- 2005. Arabidopsis nitric oxide synthase1 is targeted to mitochondria and protects against oxidative damage and dark-induced senescence. Plant Cell 17: 3436–3450. , .
- 2003. Identification of a plant nitric oxide synthase gene involved in hormonal signaling. Science 302: 100–103. , , .
- 2004. Nitric oxide represses the Arabidopsis floral transition. Science 305: 1968–1971. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1994. Ribosome-deficient plastids affect transcription of light-induced nuclear genes: genetic evidence for a plastid-derived signal. Molecular and General Genetics 242: 305–312. , , , .
- 1991. Reduction of mRNA level for two nuclear encoded light regulated genes in the barley mutant albostrians is not correlated with phytochrome content and activity. Journal of Plant Physiology 138: 292–298. , , , .
- 2000. Expression of a-expansin genes in young seedlings of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Planta 211: 467–473. , , .
- 1997. Nuclear mutations that block group II RNA splicing in maize chloroplasts reveal several intron classes with distinct requirements for splicing factors. Plant Cell 9: 283–296. , , .
- 2009. Subunits of the plastid ClpPR protease complex have differential contributions to embryogenesis, plastid biogenesis, and plant development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 21: 1669–1692. , , , , , .
- 2004. MEGA3: integrated software for molecular evolutionary genetics analysis and sequence alignment. Brief Bioinformatics 5: 150–163. , , .
- 1999. Binary vectors for efficient transformation of rice. Journal of Plant Biology 42: 310–316. , , , .
- 2002. Classification and evolution of P-loop GTPases and related ATPases. Journal of Molecular Biology 317: 41–72. , , , .
- 2007. Chloroplast translation regulation. Photosynthesis Research 94: 359–374. , , , .
- 2008. AtNOS/AtNOA1 is a functional Arabidopsis thaliana cGTPase and not a nitric-oxide synthase. Journal of Biological Chemistry 283: 32957–32967. , , , , .
- 2006. Nuclear photosynthetic gene expression is synergistically modulated by rates of protein synthesis in chloroplasts and mitochondria. Plant Cell 18: 970–991. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Knock-out of the plastid ribosomal protein L11 in Arabidopsis: effects on mRNA translation and photosynthesis. Plant Journal 27: 179–189. , , , , , .
- 1993. Molecular genetics of chloroplast ribosomal proteins. Trends in Biochemical Science 18: 177–181. .
- 2008. The structure of YqeH: an AtNOS1/AtNOA1 ortholog that couples GTP hydrolysis to molecular recognition. Journal of Biological Chemistry 283: 32968–32976. , , , .
- 2007. The essential GTPase YqeH is required for proper ribosome assembly in Bacillus subtilis. Journal of Bacteriology 189: 2926–2929. , , , .
- 2003. A chloroplast-localized PPR protein required for plastid ribosome accumulation. Plant Journal 36: 675–686. , .
- 2008. Coordination of gene expression between organellar and nuclear genomes. Nature Reviews Genetics 9: 383–395. , .
- 2004. Innate immunity in Arabidopsis thaliana: lipopolysaccharides activate nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and induce defense genes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 15811–15816. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Plant nitric oxide synthase: a never-ending story? Trends in Plant Science 11: 524–525. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Nitric oxide synthase-dependent nitric oxide production is associated with salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 144: 206–217. , , .
- 2009. Large scale comparative proteomics of a chloroplast Clp protease mutant reveals folding stress, altered protein homeostasis, and feedback regulation of metabolism. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 8: 1789–1810. , , , , , , , .