What’s good for you may be good for me: evidence for adaptive introgression of multiple traits in wild sunflower
Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
© The Authors (2010). Journal compilation © New Phytologist Trust (2010)
Volume 187, Issue 1, pages 6–9, July 2010
How to Cite
Vekemans, X. (2010), What’s good for you may be good for me: evidence for adaptive introgression of multiple traits in wild sunflower. New Phytologist, 187: 6–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03302.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
- 2009. Molecular and evolutionary history of melanism in North American gray wolves. Science 323: 1339–1343. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Transfer and origin of adaptations through natural hybridization: were Anderson and Stebbins right? The Plant Cell 16: 562–570. .
- 2001. The role of hybridization in evolution. Molecular Ecology 10: 551–568. .
- 2008. Repeated adaptive introgression at a gene under multiallelic balancing selection. Plos Genetics 4: e1000168. , , , .
- 2009. Wolf of a different colour. Heredity 103: 435–436. .
- 2008. Regulatory genes control a key morphological and ecological trait transferred between species. Science 322: 1116–1119. , , , , , , , .
- 1983. The measurement of selection on correlated characters. Evolution 37: 1210–1226. , .
- 2006. Detecting adaptive trait introgression between Iris fulva and I. brevicaulis in highly selective field conditions. Genetics 172: 2481–2489. , , .
- 2003. Vegetative regeneration in invasive Reynoutria (Polygonaceae) taxa: the determinant of invasibility at the genotype level. American Journal of Botany 90: 1487–1495. , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Introgression and its consequences in plants. In: HarrisonR, ed. Hybrid zones and the evolutionary process. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 70–109. , .
- 2010. Genome scan of hybridizing sunflowers from Texas (Helianthus annuus and H. debilis) reveals asymmetric patterns of introgression and small islands of genomic differentiation. Molecular Ecology 19: 521–541. , , , , , .
- 2008. Genomic consequences of selection on self-incompatibility genes. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 116–122. , .
- 2003. Transgene introgression from genetically modified crops to their wild relatives. Nature Reviews Genetics 4: 806–817. , , .
- 2006. Adaptive introgression of herbivore resistance traits in the weedy sunflower Helianthus annuus. The American Naturalist 167: 794–807. , , .
- 2010. Adaptive introgression of abiotic tolerance traits in the sunflower Helianthus annuus. New Phytologist 187: 230–239. , , .