Does CONSTANS act as a transcription factor or as a co-activator? The answer may be – yes
Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
© The Authors (2010). Journal compilation © New Phytologist Trust (2010)
Volume 187, Issue 1, pages 1–3, July 2010
How to Cite
Blackman, B. K. and Michaels, S. D. (2010), Does CONSTANS act as a transcription factor or as a co-activator? The answer may be – yes. New Phytologist, 187: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03313.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 4 JUN 2010
- 2006. The CCAAT binding factor can mediate interactions between constans-like proteins and DNA. Plant Journal 46: 462–476. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. The role of recently derived FT paralogs in sunflower domestication. Current Biology 20: 629–635. , , , , .
- 2007. A putative CCAAT-binding transcription factor is a regulator of flowering timing in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 145: 98–105. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. A circadian rhythm set by dusk determines the expression of FT homologs and the short-day photoperiodic flowering response in Pharbitis. Plant Cell 19: 2988–3000. , , , , .
- 2009. The Arabidopsis B-box zinc finger family. Plant Cell 21: 3416–3420. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Move on up, it’s time for change – mobile signals controlling photoperiod-dependent flowering. Genes & Development 21: 2371–2384. , .
- 2008. The nuclear factor Y subunits NF-YB2 and NF-YB3 play additive roles in the promotion of flowering by inductive long-day photoperiods in Arabidopsis. Planta 228: 709–723. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. The CONSTANS gene of arabidopsis promotes flowering and encodes a protein showing similarities to zinc finger transcription factors. Cell 80: 847–857. , , , , .
- 2000. Distinct roles of CONSTANS target genes in reproductive development of Arabidopsis. Science 288: 1613–1616. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Cis-regulatory changes at FLOWERING LOCUS T mediate natural variation in flowering responses of Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics 183: 723–732. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. CONSTANS mediates between the circadian clock and the control of flowering in Arabidopsis. Nature 410: 1116–1120. , , , , , .
- 2009. Variations in Hd1 proteins, Hd3a promoters, and Ehd1 expression levels contribute to diversity of flowering time in cultivated rice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 4555–4560. , , , ,
- 2010. The flowering time regulator CONSTANS is recruited to the FLOWERING LOCUS T promoter via a unique cis-element. New Phytologist 187: 57–66. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Developmental system drift and flexibility in evolutionary trajectories. Evolution & Development 3: 109–119. , .
- 2006. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 18: 2971–2984. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Integration of spatial and temporal information during floral induction in Arabidopsis. Science 309: 1056–1059. , , , , , , .