New light shed on life and death: the role of staygreen in the hypersensitive response
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2010
© The Author (2010). Journal compilation © New Phytologist Trust (2010)
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘The Ectocarpus genome sequence’
Volume 188, Issue 1, pages 4–6, October 2010
How to Cite
Rogers, H. (2010), New light shed on life and death: the role of staygreen in the hypersensitive response. New Phytologist, 188: 4–6. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03434.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2010
- 2007. Cross-species identification of 15 Mendel’s/locus. Science 315: 73. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Stay-green protein, defective in Mendel’s green cotyledon mutant, acts independent and upstream of pheophorbide a oxygenase in the chlorophyll catabolic pathway. Plant Molecular Biology 67: 243–256. , , .
- 2005. Chloroplasts as source and target of cellular redox regulation: a discussion on chloroplast redox signals in the context of plant physiology. Journal of Experimental Botany 56: 1449–1462. , .
- 2010. Chloroplast and reactive oxygen species involvement in apoptotic-like programmed cell death in Arabidopsis suspension cultures. Journal of Experimental Botany 61: 473–482. , , .
- 2005. A cellular timetable of autumn senescence. Plant Physiology 139: 1635–1648. , , , .
- 2010. Accumulation of chlorophyll catabolites photosensitizes the hypersensitive response elicited by Pseudomonas syringae in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist 188: 161–174. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. The senescence-induced staygreen protein regulates chlorophyll degradation. The Plant Cell 19: 1649–1664. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Evolution of plant senescence. BMC Evolutionary Biology 9: 163–196. , , , .
- 1975. Separation of chlorophyll degradation from other senescence processes in leaves of a mutant genotype of meadow fescue (Festuca pratensis L). Plant Physiology 56: 438–441. , .
- 2002. Arabidopsis gp91(phox) homologues AtrbohD and AtrbohF are required for accumulation of reactive oxygen intermediates in the plant defense response. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 517–522. , , .
- 2008. Metabolic regulation of leaf senescence: interactions of sugar signalling with biotic and abiotic stress responses. Plant Biology 10: 50–62. , .
- 2004. Light conditions influence specific defence responses in incompatible plant–pathogen interactions: uncoupling systemic resistance from salicylic acid and PR-1 accumulation. Planta 219: 673–683. , , , .