Identification of a novel mitochondrial protein, short postembryonic roots 1 (SPR1), involved in root development and iron homeostasis in Oryza sativa
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2010 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Unearthing the truffle genome’
Volume 189, Issue 3, pages 843–855, February 2011
How to Cite
Jia, L., Wu, Z., Hao, X., Carrie, C., Zheng, L., Whelan, J., Wu, Y., Wang, S., Wu, P. and Mao, C. (2011), Identification of a novel mitochondrial protein, short postembryonic roots 1 (SPR1), involved in root development and iron homeostasis in Oryza sativa. New Phytologist, 189: 843–855. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03513.x
- Issue online: 12 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2010
- Received: 22 July 2010, Accepted: 15 September 2010
- 2009. OsYSL18 is a rice iron(III)-deoxymugineic acid transporter specifically expressed in reproductive organs and phloem of lamina joints. Plant Molecular Biology 70: 681–692. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Cell cycle: the key to plant growth control? Trends in Plant Science 8: 154–158. , , .
- 2007. Quantitative phosphoproteomics of early elicitor signaling in Arabidopsis. Molecular and Cellular Proteomics 6: 1198–1214. , , , , , .
- 2007. Iron utilization and metabolism in plants. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 10: 276–282. , , .
- 2006. Balancing cell adhesion and Wnt signaling, the key role of beta-catenin. Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 16: 51–59. , , .
- 1997. Iron transport and storage in plants. Trends in Plant Science 2: 187–193. , .
- 2002. Cloning an iron-regulated metal transporter from rice. Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 1677–1682. , , , , .
- 2005. A RhoGDP dissociation inhibitor spatially regulates growth in root hair cells. Nature 438: 1013–1016. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Approaches to defining dual-targeted proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 57: 1128–1133. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Distribution and characterization of over 1000 T-DNA tags in rice genome. Plant Journal 36: 105–113. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Functional characterization of AtATM1, AtATM2 and AtATM3, a subfamily of Arabidopsis half-molecule ABC transporters implicated in iron homeostasis. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 282: 21561–21571. , , , , .
- 2007. Mutation in nicotianamine aminotransferase stimulated the Fe(II) acquisition system and led to iron accumulation in rice. Plant Physiology 145: 1647–1657. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Armadillo-related proteins promote lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 1621–1626. , , .
- 2009. Metal movement within the plant: contribution of nicotianamine and yellow stripe 1-like transporters. Annals of Botany 103: 1–11. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Maize yellow stripe1 encodes a membrane protein directly involved in Fe(III) uptake. Nature 409: 346–349. , , , , , .
- 2007. PIC1, an Ancient permease in Arabidopsis chloroplasts, mediates iron transport. The Plant Cell 19: 986–1006. , , , , , .
- 1996. A novel iron regulated metal transporter from plants identified by functional expression in yeast. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 93: 5624–5628. , , , .
- 2003. Reactive oxygen species produced by NADPH oxidase regulates plant cell growth. Nature 422: 442–446. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1971. The use of non-permeating pigments for testing the survival of cells. Journal of Experimental Botany 22: 757–758. , .
- 2006. Molecular aspects of Cu, Fe and Zn homeostasis in plants. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1763: 595–608. , .
- 1999. Topological characteristics of helical repeat proteins. Current Opinion in Structural Biology 9: 383–389. , .
- 2004. Rolling blackout, a newly identified PIP2-DAG pathway lipase required for Drosophila phototransduction. Nature Neuroscience 7: 1070–1078. , , , , .
- 2009. Rice OsYSL15 is an iron-regulated iron(III)-deoxymugineic acid transporter expressed in the roots and is essential for iron uptake in early growth of the seedlings. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 284: 3470–3479. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Rice-specific mitochondrial iron-regulated gene (MIR) plays an important role in iron homeostasis. Molecular Plant 2: 1059–1066. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Rice plants take up iron as an Fe3+-phytosiderophore and as Fe2+. Plant Journal 45: 335–346. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Homing in on iron homeostasis in plants. Trends in Plant Science 14: 280–285. , .
- 2006. Localization of iron in Arabidopsis seed requires the vacuolar membrane transporter VIT1. Science 314: 1295–1298. , , , , , , ,
- 2004. OsYSL2 is a rice metal-nicotianamine transporter that is regulated by iron and expressed in the phloem. Plant Journal 39: 415–424. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Mobilization of vacuolar iron by AtNRAMP3 and AtNRAMP4 is essential for seed germination on low iron. The EMBO Journal 24: 4041–4051. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Over-expression of OsIRT1 leads to increased iron and zinc accumulations in rice. Plant, Cell & Environment 32: 408–416. , .
- 2009. Disruption of OsYSL15 leads to iron inefficiency in rice plants. Plant Physiology 150: 786–800. , , , , , , .
- 2006. A novel pathogenesis-related protein (SsPR10) from Solanum surattense with ribonucleolytic and antimicrobial activity is stress- and pathogen-inducible. Journal of Plant Physiology 163: 546–556. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Nitric oxide accumulation is required to protect against iron-mediated oxidative stress in frataxin-deficient Arabidopsis plants. FEBS Letters 583: 542–548. , , , , .
- 2009. Iron uptake and transport in plants: the good, the bad, and the ionome. Chemical Reviews 109: 4553–4567. , .
- 2007. Characterisation of the preprotein and amino acid transporter family in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 143: 199–212. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Essential transition metal homeostasis in plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 12: 347–357. , , , , .
- 2009. Molecular genetics of rice root development. Rice 2: 15–34. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Profiling phosphoproteins of yeast mitochondria reveals a role of phosphorylation in assembly of the atp synthase. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 6: 1896–1906. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Fe translocation in barley as monitored by a positron-emitting tracer imaging system (PETIS): evidence for the direct translocation of Fe from roots to young leaves via phloem. Plant and Cell Physiology 50: 48–57. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Alternative oxidase: a target and regulator of stress responses. Physiologia Plantarum 137: 354–361. , , , .
- 2002. Are leaf hydrogen peroxide concentrations commonly over-estimated? The potential influence of artefactual interference by tissue phenolics and ascorbate Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 40: 501–508. , , .
- 2008. Time to pump iron: iron-deficiency-signaling mechanisms of higher plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 530–535. , .
- 2009. OsFRDL1 is a citrate transporter required for efficient translocation of iron in rice. Plant Physiology 149: 297–305. , , , , .