Natural variation of submergence tolerance among Arabidopsis thaliana accessions
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2010 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Plant anaerobiosis
Volume 190, Issue 2, pages 299–310, April 2011
How to Cite
Vashisht, D., Hesselink, A., Pierik, R., Ammerlaan, J. M. H., Bailey-Serres, J., Visser, E. J. W., Pedersen, O., van Zanten, M., Vreugdenhil, D., Jamar, D. C. L., Voesenek, L. A. C. J. and Sasidharan, R. (2011), Natural variation of submergence tolerance among Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. New Phytologist, 190: 299–310. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03552.x
- Issue published online: 28 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2010
- Received: 27 August 2010, Accepted: 12 October 2010
- 2002. Taxonomy and phylogeny of Arabidopsis (Brassicaceae). In: SomervilleCR, MeyerowitzEM, eds. The Arabidopsis book. American Society of Plant Biologists. , .
- 2008. Flooding stress: acclimations and genetic diversity. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 313–339. , .
- 2003. Antioxidants, oxidative damage and oxygen deprivation stress: a review. Annals of Botany 91: 179–194. , , .
- 2008. Selective mRNA translation coordinates energetic and metabolic adjustments to cellular oxygen deprivation and reoxygenation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 56: 743–755. , , , , .
- 2005. Genome-wide analysis of transcript abundance and translation in Arabidopsis seedlings subjected to oxygen deprivation. Annals of Botany 96: 647–660. , , , .
- 2007. Respiration of midges (Diptera; Chironomidae) in British Columbian lakes: oxy-regulation, temperature and their role as palaeo-indicators. Freshwater Biology 53: 593–602. , , , .
- 2003. Long-distance transport of gases in plants: a perspective on internal aeration and radial oxygen loss from roots. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 17–36. .
- 2009. Flooding tolerance: suites of plant traits in variable environments. Functional Plant Biology 36: 665–681. , .
- 2009. Transcript and metabolite profiling of the adaptive response to mild decreases in oxygen concentration in the roots of Arabidopsis plants. Annals of Botany 103: 269–280. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. A variable cluster of ethylene response factor-like genes regulates metabolic and developmental acclimation responses to submergence in rice. Plant Cell 18: 2021–2034. , , , .
- 1999. Applied survival analysis. Regression modeling of time to event data. Wiley series in probability and statistics. New York, NY, USA: Wiley. , .
- 2009. Variation in flooding-induced morphological traits in natural populations of white clover (Trifolium repens) and their effects on plant performance during soil flooding. Annals of Botany 103: 377–386. , , .
- 2002. Expression profile analysis of the low-oxygen response in Arabidopsis root cultures. Plant Cell 14: 2481–2494. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Molecular characterization of the submergence response of the Arabidopsis thaliana ecotype Columbia. New Phytologist 190: 457–471. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Global transcription profiling reveals comprehensive insights into hypoxic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 137: 1115–1129. , , , , , .
- 2005. A genome-wide analysis of the effects of sucrose on gene expression in Arabidopsis seedlings under anoxia. Plant Physiology 137: 1130–1138. , , , , .
- 2005. Ethylene-induced differential growth of petioles in Arabidopsis. Analyzing natural variation, response kinetics, and regulation. Plant Physiology 137: 998–1008. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Genetic mechanisms and evolutionary significance of natural variation in Arabidopsis. Nature 441: 947–952. , .
- 2004. Acclimation of a terrestrial plant to submergence facilitates gas exchange under water. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 1281–1287. , , .
- 2006. Photosynthetic consequences of phenotypic plasticity in response to submergence: Rumex palustris as a case study. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 283–290. , , .
- 2005. Underwater photosynthesis in flooded terrestrial plants: a matter of leaf plasticity. Annals of Botany 96: 581–589. , .
- 2007. Submergence-induced leaf acclimation in terrestrial species varying in flooding tolerance. New Phytologist 176: 337–345. , , , , .
- 2009. Profiling translatomes of discrete cell populations resolves altered cellular priorities during hypoxia in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 18843–18848. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The pattern of polymorphism in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Biology 3: e196. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Sulfide intrusion in eelgrass (Zostera marina L.). Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 595–602. , , .
- 2002. Phenotypic plasticity and integration in response to flooded conditions in natural accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh (Brassicaceae). Annals of Botany 90: 199–207. , .
- 1989. An oxygen microsensor with a guard cathode. Limnology and Oceanography 34: 474–478. .
- 2000. Tuber morphology and starch accumulation are independent phenomena: evidence from ipt-transgenic potato lines. Physiologia Plantarum 108: 435–443. , , , , .
- 1997. Physiology and genetics of submergence tolerance in rice. Annals of Botany 79: 67–77. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The demographic cost of reproduction and its consequences in Balsam Fir (Abies balsamea). American Naturalist 154: 321–332. , .
- 2009. Responses of SUB1 rice introgression lines to submergence in the field: yield and grain quality. Field Crop Research 113: 12–23. , , .
- 2003. Measurement of porosity in very small samples of plant tissue. Plant and Soil 253: 81–90. , .
- 2006. How plants cope with complete submergence. New Phytologist 170: 213–226. , , , , .
- 2004. Plant hormones regulate fast shoot elongation under water: from genes to communities. Ecology 85: 16–27. , , , , .
- 2006. Sub1A is an ethylene-response-factor-like gene that confers submergence tolerance to rice. Nature 442: 705–708. , , , , , , , , , .