Cytoskeletal dynamics in interphase, mitosis and cytokinesis analysed through Agrobacterium-mediated transient transformation of tobacco BY-2 cells
Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2010 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 190, Issue 1, pages 258–267, April 2011
How to Cite
Buschmann, H., Green, P., Sambade, A., Doonan, J. H. and Lloyd, C. W. (2011), Cytoskeletal dynamics in interphase, mitosis and cytokinesis analysed through Agrobacterium-mediated transient transformation of tobacco BY-2 cells. New Phytologist, 190: 258–267. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03587.x
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2010
- Received: 29 September 2010, Accepted: 7 November 2010
- 1985. High efficiency transformation of cultured tobacco cells. Plant Physiology 79: 568–570. .
- 2008. VirB2 and VirB5 proteins: specialized adhesins in bacterial type-IV secretion systems? Trends in Microbiology 16: 409–413. , , .
- 2000. Two kinesin-related proteins associated with the cold-stable cytoskeleton of carrot cells: characterization of a novel kinesin, DcKRP120-2. Plant Journal 24: 859–868. , , , , , .
- 1998. The Ti plasmid increases the efficiency of Agrobacterium tumefaciens as a recipient in virB-mediated conjugal transfer of an IncQ plasmid. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 7057–7062. , , .
- 2006. Microtubule-associated AIR9 recognizes the cortical division site at preprophase and cell-plate insertion. Current Biology 16: 1938–1943. , , , , , .
- 2009. Helical growth of the Arabidopsis mutant tortifolia2 does not depend on cell division patterns but involves handed twisting of isolated cells. Plant Cell 21: 2090–2106. , , , , .
- 2005. Localization of the microtubule end binding protein EB1 reveals alternative pathways of spindle development in Arabidopsis suspension cells. Plant Cell 17: 1737–1748. , , , .
- 2003. EB1 reveals mobile microtubule nucleation sites in Arabidopsis. Nature Cell Biology 5: 967–971. , , , .
- 2010. The plant formin AtFH4 interacts with both actin and microtubules, and contains a newly identified microtubule-binding domain. Journal of Cell Science 123: 1209–1215. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The plant cell defense and Agrobacterium tumefaciens. FEMS (Federation of European Microbiological Societies) Microbiology Letters 247: 207–213. , , .
- 2009. Dynamic bridges – a calponin-domain kinesin from rice links actin filaments and microtubules in both cycling and non-cycling cells. Plant and Cell Physiology 50: 1493–1506. , , .
- 2010. A kinesin with calponin-homology domain is involved in premitotic nuclear migration. Journal of Experimental Botany 61: 3423–3437. , , .
- 1991. Efficiency of particle-bombardment-mediated transformation is influenced by cell cycle stage in synchronized cultured cells of tobacco. Plant Physiology 97: 1585–1587. , , , .
- 2001. G2/M-phase-specific transcription during the plant cell cycle is mediated by c-Myb-like transcription factors. Plant Cell 13: 1891–1905. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. GATEWAY vectors for Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation. Trends in Plant Science 7: 193–195. , , .
- 2005. Identification of a novel family of 70 kDa microtubule-associated proteins in Arabidopsis cells. Plant Journal 42: 547–555. , , , , .
- 2009. Dynamic behavior of Arabidopsis eIF4A-III, putative core protein of exon junction complex: fast relocation to nucleolus and splicing speckles under hypoxia. Plant Cell 21: 1592–1606. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Novel approaches for cell cycle analysis in BY-2. In: NagataT, MatsuokaK, InzeD, eds. Tobacco BY-2 cells: from cellular dynamics to omics. Berlin/Heidelberg/New York: Springer, 3–21. , , , .
- 2005. High-throughput protein localization in Arabidopsis using Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression of GFP-ORF fusions. Plant Journal 41: 162–174. , , , , .
- 2001. Electroporated intact BY-2 tobacco culture cells as a model of transient expression study. Acta Biochimica Polonica 48: 657–661. , .
- 2003. Selective trafficking of non-cell-autonomous proteins mediated by NtNCAPP1. Science 299: 392–396. , , , , , .
- 1994. Common mechanisms in bacterial conjugation and Ti-mediated T-DNA transfer to plant cells. Cell 77: 321–324. , .
- 2009. The FAST technique: a simplified Agrobacterium-based transformation method for transient gene expression analysis in seedlings of Arabidopsis and other plant species. Plant Methods 5: 1–15. , , , .
- 2009. Tobacco Arp3 is localized to actin-nucleating sites in vivo. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 603–614. , , , .
- 2006. The role of MAP65-1 in microtubule bundling during Zinnia tracheary element formation. Journal of Cell Science 119: 753–758. , , , .
- 2005. Systemic Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transfection of viral replicons for efficient transient expression in plants. Nature Biotechnology 23: 718–723. , , , , .
- 1999. The actin cytoskeleton is required to elaborate and maintain spatial patterning during trichome cell morphogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development 126: 5559–5568. , , , .
- 1998. Gene identification with sequenced T-DNA tags generated by transformation of Arabidopsis cell suspension. Plant Journal 13: 707–716. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Transient expression of fluorescent fusion proteins in protoplasts of suspension cultured cells. Nature Protocols 2: 2348–2353. , .
- 2006. Tobacco BY-2 cells: from cellular dynamics to omics. Berlin/Heidelberg/New York: Springer. , , .
- 1992. Tobacco BY-2 cell line as the “HeLa” cell in the cell biology of higher plants. International Review of Cytology 132: 1–30. , , .
- 1999. Conjugal transfer but not quorum-dependent tra gene induction of pTiC58 requires a solid surface. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 65: 2798–2801. , .
- 2004. A plant-specific kinesin binds to actin microfilaments and interacts with cortical microtubules in cotton fibers. Plant Physiology 136: 3945–3955. , , , , , .
- 2008. Extremely high-level and rapid transient protein production in plants without the use of viral replication. Plant Physiology 148: 1212–1218. , .
- 2010. Strategies of actin reorganisation in plant cells. Journal of Cell Science 123: 3019–3028. , , .
- 2006. Rapid, transient expression of fluorescent fusion proteins in tobacco plants and generation of stably transformed plants. Nature Protocols 1: 2019–2025. , , , .
- 2003. Transfer of T-DNA and Vir proteins to plant cells by Agrobacterium tumefaciens induces expression of host genes involved in mediating transformation and suppresses host defense gene expression. Plant Journal 35: 219–236. , , , .
- 2004. Nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling of the beet necrotic yellow vein virus RNA-3-encoded p25 protein. Journal of General Virology 85: 2459–2469. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Tobacco mosaic virus movement protein enhances the spread of RNA silencing. PLoS Pathogens 4: e1000038. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Improved imaging of actin filaments in transgenic Arabidopsis plants expressing a green fluorescent protein fusion to the C- and N-termini of the fimbrin actin-binding domain 2. New Phytologist 177: 525–536. , , .
- 2008. The roles of the cytoskeleton during cellulose deposition at the secondary cell wall. Plant Journal 54: 794–805. , .
- 2009. A cotton kinesin GhKCH2 interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments. Biochemical Journal 421: 171–180. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cotton GhKCH2, a plant-specific kinesin, is low-affinitive and nucleotide-independent as binding to microtubule. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 40: 723–730. , , , , .
- 1996. Transient gene expression in plant cells mediated by Agrobacterium tumefaciens: application for the analysis of virulence loci. Plant and Cell Physiology 37: 782–789. , , , , , , .