A new tool for functional genomics in maize
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 189, Issue 2, pages 363–365, January 2011
How to Cite
Benavente, L. M. and Scofield, S. R. (2011), A new tool for functional genomics in maize. New Phytologist, 189: 363–365. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03592.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
- 2007. Stability of Barley stripe mosaic virus-induced gene silencing in barley. Molecular Plant Microbe Interaction 20: 1323–1331. , , , .
- 2006. Molecular and functional diversity of maize. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 9: 172–176. , , .
- 2001. Presence of Brome mosaic virus in barley guttation fluid and its association with localized cell death response. Phytopathology 91: 440–448. , , .
- 2006. Characterization of a Brome mosaic virus strain and its use as a vector for gene silencing in monocotyledonous hosts. Molecular Plant–Microbe Interactions 19: 1229–1239. , , , , .
- 2009. Pep1, a secreted effector protein of Ustilago maydis, is required for successful invasion of plant cells. PLoS Pathogens 5: e1000290. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Reprogramming a maize plant: transcriptional and metabolic changes induced by the fungal biotroph Ustilago maydis. Plant Journal 56: 181–195. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1987. Agrobacterium-mediated delivery of infectious maize streak virus in maize plants. Nature 325: 177–179. , , , .
- 2010. Systemic virus-induced gene silencing allows functional characterization of maize genes during biotrophic interaction with Ustilago maydis. New Phytologist 189: 471–483. , , , , .
- 1999. Evaluation of Maize Streak Virus pathogenicity in differentially resistant genotypes. Phytopathology 89: 695–700. , , .
- 2009. Genetic properties of the maize nested association mapping population. Science 325: 737–740. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Transmission of viral RNA and DNA to maize kernels by vascular puncture inoculation. Journal of Virological Methods 98: 135–143. , , , , , .
- 2009. The B73 maize genome: complexity, diversity, and dynamics. Science 326: 1112–1115. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Development of a virus-induced gene-silencing system for hexaploid wheat and its use in functional analysis of the Lr21-mediated leaf rust resistance pathway. Plant Physiology 138: 2165–2173. , , , .