Seeing the forest for the trees: statistical phylogeography in a changing world
Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2011
© 2011 The Author. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Carbon cycling in tropical ecosystems’
Volume 189, Issue 4, pages 894–897, March 2011
How to Cite
Eckert, A. J. (2011), Seeing the forest for the trees: statistical phylogeography in a changing world. New Phytologist, 189: 894–897. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03631.x
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2011
- 2008. Adaptation, migration or extirpation: climate change outcomes for tree populations. Evolutionary Applications 1: 95–111. , , , , .
- 1987. Intraspecific phylogeography: the mitochondrial DNA bridge between population genetics and systematics. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 18: 489–522. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Population adaptive index: a new method to help measure intraspecific genetic diversity and prioritize populations for conservation. Conservation Biology 21: 697–708. , , , , .
- 2009. Multilocus patterns of nucleotide diversity and divergence reveal positive selection at candidate genes related to cold-hardiness in coastal Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii var. menziesii). Genetics 183: 289–298. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Perspective: gene divergence, population divergence, and the variance in coalescence time in phylogeographic studies. Evolution 54: 1839–1854. , .
- 2009. Species distribution models: ecological explanation and prediction across space and time. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 40: 677–697. , .
- 2010. Southward Pleistocene migration of Douglas-fir into Mexico: phylogeography, ecological niche modeling, and conservation of ‘rear edge’ populations. New Phytologist 189: 1185–1199. , , , , .
- 2007. Integration within the Felsenstein equation for improved Markov chain Monte Carlo methods in population genetics. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 2785–2790. , .
- 2010. Phylogeography’s past, present and future: 10 years after Avise, 2000. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 54: 291–301. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The ability of climate envelope models to predict the effect of climate change on species distributions. Global Change Biology 12: 2272–2281. , .
- 2002. Statistical phylogeography. Molecular Ecology 11: 2623–2635. , .
- 2007. Distribution modelling and statistical phylogeography: an integrative framework for generating and testing alternative biogeographical hypotheses. Journal of Biogeography 35: 1833–1845. , , .
- 2007. Gene flow and local adaptation in trees. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics 38: 595–619. , , .
- 2010. The population genomics of plant adaptation. New Phytologist 188: 313–332. , , .
- 2010. Integrating environmental and genetic effects to predict responses of tree populations to climate. Ecological Applications 20: 153–163. , , .