These authors contributed equally to this work.
Involvement of miR169 in the nitrogen-starvation responses in Arabidopsis
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 190, Issue 4, pages 906–915, June 2011
How to Cite
Zhao, M., Ding, H., Zhu, J.-K., Zhang, F. and Li, W.-X. (2011), Involvement of miR169 in the nitrogen-starvation responses in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist, 190: 906–915. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03647.x
- Issue online: 11 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2011
- Received: 2 December 2010, Accepted: 30 December 2010
- 2004. MicroRNAs: genomics, biogenesis, mechanism, and function. Cell 116: 281–297. .
- 2005. Endogenous siRNAs derived from a pair of natural cis-antisense transcripts regulate salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Cell 123: 1279–1291. , , , , .
- 2008. Widespread translational inhibition by plant miRNAs and siRNAs. Science 320: 1185–1190. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Role of microRNAs in plant and animal development. Science 301: 336–338. , .
- 2009. The nodule inception-like protein 7 modulates nitrate sensing and metabolism in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 57: 426–435. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Regulation of phosphate homeostasis by microRNA in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 18: 412–421. , , , , , .
- 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 16: 735–743. , .
- 2006. MtHAP2-1 is a key transcriptional regulator of symbiotic nodule development regulated by microRNA169 in Medicago truncatula. Genes & Development 20: 3084–3088. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. A gateway cloning vector set for high-throughput functional analysis of genes in planta. Plant Physiology 133: 462–469. , .
- 2009. CLC-mediated anion transport in plant cells. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B Biological Science 364: 195–201. , , , , , , .
- 2009. The Arabidopsis nitrate transporter NRT1.7, expressed in phloem, is responsible for source-to-sink remobilization of nitrate. Plant Cell 21: 2750–2761. , , , , .
- 2005. A miRNA involved in phosphate-starvation response in Arabidopsis. Current Biology 15: 2038–2043. , , , , .
- 2008. Cell-specific nitrogen responses mediate developmental plasticity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 803–808. , , , , .
- 2003. The nitrate transporter AtNRT1.1 (CHL1) functions in stomatal opening and contributes to drought susceptibility in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 15: 107–117. , , .
- 1999. A species of small antisense RNA in posttranscriptional gene silencing in plants. Science 286: 950–952. , .
- 2009. CHL1 function as a nitrate sensor in plants. Cell 138: 1184–1194. , , , .
- 2010. Nitrate, ammonium, and potassium sensing and signaling. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 13: 604–610. , .
- 2009. Uncovering small RNA-mediated responses to phosphate deficiency in Arabidopsis by deep sequencing. Plant Physiology 151: 2120–2132. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Computational identification of plant microRNAs and their targets, including a stress induced miRNA. Molecular Cell 14: 787–799. , .
- 2006. MicroRNAs and their regulatory roles in plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 57: 19–53. , , .
- 2009. Reducing environmental risk by improving N management in intensive Chinese agricultural systems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 3041–3046. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. The Arabidopsis NFYA5 transcription factor is regulated transcriptionally and posttranscriptionally to promote drought resistance. Plant Cell 20: 2238–2251. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The putative high-affinity nitrate transporter NRT2.1 represses lateral root initiation in response to nutritional cues. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 13693–13698. , , , , , .
- 1999. CHL1 is a dual-affinity nitrate transporter of Arabidopsis involved in multiple phases of nitrate uptake. Plant Cell 11: 865–874. , , .
- 2002. Cleavage of scarecrow-like mRNA targets directed by a class of Arabidopsis miRNA. Science 297: 2053–2056. , , , .
- 2004. MicroRNA control of PHABULOSA in leaf development: importance of pairing to the microRNA 5′ region. EMBO Journal 23: 3356–3364. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Nitrate transport and signalling. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 2297–2306. , , , , .
- 2009. Identification of nutrient-responsive Arabidopsis and rapeseed microRNAs by comprehensive real-time polymerase chain reaction profiling and small RNA sequencing. Plant Physiology 150: 1541–1555. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Adaptation of Arabidopsis to nitrogen limitation involves induction of anthocyanin synthesis which is controlled by the NLA gene. Journal of Experimental Botany 59: 2933–2944. , , , , , , , .
- 1986. Light, temperature, and anthocyanin production. Plant Physiology 81: 922–924. , .
- 2003. Assumption-free analysis of quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) data. Neuroscience Letters 339: 62–66. , , , .
- 2005. Reactive oxygen species and root hairs in Arabidopsis root response to nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium deficiency. Plant Cell Physiology 46: 1350–1357. , , .
- 2009. Tissue-specific expression patterns of Arabidopsis NF-Y transcription factors suggest potential for extensive combinatorial complexity. Plant Physiology 149: 625–641. , , , , , .
- 2002. Transcription factors in plant defense and stress responses. Current Opinion of Plant Biology 5: 430–436. , , .
- 2002. Steps towards an integrated view of nitrogen metabolism. Journal of Experiment Botany 53: 959–970. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Nitrate transporters and peptide transporters. FEBS Letter 581: 2290–2300. , , , , .
- 2008. A systems view of nitrogen nutrient and metabolite responses in Arabidopsis. Current Opinion of Plant Biology 11: 521–529. , .
- 2003. Microarray analysis of the nitrate response in Arabidopsis roots and shoots reveals over 1,000 rapidly responding genes and new linkages to glucose, trehalose-6-phosphate, iron, and sulfate metabolism. Plant Physiology 132: 556–567. , , , .
- 2005. The effect of salt stress and abscisic acid on proline production, chlorophyll content and growth of in vitro propagated shoots of Eucalyptus camaldulenis. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 82: 189–200. , .
- 2007. Regulation of copper homeostasis by micro-RNA in Arabidopsis. Journal of Biology Chemistry 282: 16369–16378. , , , , , .
- 2004. Metabolic engineering with Dof1 transcription factor in plants: improved nitrogen assimilation and growth under low-nitrogen conditions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 7833–7838. , , , , .
- 1998. An Arabidopsis MADS box gene that controls nutrient-induced changes in root architecture. Science 279: 407–409. , .