Stigma/style cell cycle inhibitor 1 (SCI1), a tissue-specific cell cycle regulator that controls upper pistil development
Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 190, Issue 4, pages 882–895, June 2011
How to Cite
DePaoli, H. C., Brito, M. S., Quiapim, A. C., Teixeira, S. P., Goldman, G. H., Dornelas, M. C. and Goldman, M. H. S. (2011), Stigma/style cell cycle inhibitor 1 (SCI1), a tissue-specific cell cycle regulator that controls upper pistil development. New Phytologist, 190: 882–895. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03660.x
- Issue online: 11 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
- Received: 7 November 2010, Accepted: 8 January 2011
- 1997. Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs. Nucleic Acids Research 25: 3389–3402. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Cell cycle: the key to plant growth control? Trends Plant Science 8: 154–158. , , .
- 2010. Systematic localization of the Arabidopsis core cell cycle proteins reveals novel cell division complexes. Plant Physiology 152: 553–565. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. B1-type cyclin-dependent kinases are essential for the formation of stomatal complexes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 16: 945–955. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Manual de Transformação Genética de Plantas. Brasília: Editora Embrapa Produção de Informação. , .
- 2005. Arabidopsis nucleolar protein database AtNoPDB. Nucleic Acids Research 1: D633–D636. , , , .
- 2006. SIAMESE, a plant-specific cell cycle regulator, controls endoreplication onset in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 18: 3145–3157. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Cyclin D control of growth rate in plants. Nature 405: 575–579. , , , .
- 2002. MAPKs entry into the nucleus at specific interchromatin domains in plant differentiation and proliferation processes. Journal of Structural Biology 140: 200–213. , , , , , , .
- 2008. The formation and function of the female reproductive tract in flowering plants. Current Biology 18: R972–R978. , .
- 2001. Functional analysis of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 13: 1653–1668. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The ins and outs of the plant cell cycle. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 8: 655–665. , , .
- 1985. Differential expression of the eight genes of the petunia ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase small subunit multi-gene family. EMBO Journal 4: 3055–3061. , , , , .
- 2006. The E3 ubiquitin ligase BIG BROTHER controls Arabidopsis organ size in a dosage-dependent manner. Current Biology 16: 272–279. , , , , , .
- 2007. Firing of transcription and compartmentalization of splicing factors in tomato radicle nuclei during germination. Biology of the Cell 99: 519–530. , , , .
- 1994. Female sterile tobacco plants are produced by stigma-specific cell ablation. EMBO Journal 13: 2976–2984. , , .
- 1992. Developmental expression of tobacco pistil-specific genes encoding novel extensin-like proteins. Plant Cell 4: 1041–1051. , , , .
- 1995. Dominant negative mutants of the Cdc2 kinase uncouple cell division from iterative plant development. EMBO Journal 14: 3925–3936. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Auxin-mediated cell cycle activation during early lateral root initiation. Plant Cell 14: 2339–2351. , , , , , .
- 1995. Parallels between UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS and FIMBRIATA, genes controlling flower development in Arabidopsis and Antirrhinum. Plant Cell 7: 1501–1510. , , , , , .
- 2006. Cell cycle regulation in plant development. Annual Review of Genetics 40: 77–105. , .
- 1991. In-situ hybridization in plants. In: BowlesDJ, GurrSJ, McPhersonM, eds. Molecular plant pathology: a practical approach. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 163–166. .
- 2003. NtKIS2, a novel tobacco cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor is differentially expressed during the cell cycle and plant development. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 41: 667–676. , , , , , , , .
- 2002a. Comparative molecular and functional analyses of the tobacco cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor NtKIS1a and its spliced variant NtKIS1b. Plant Physiology 130: 1871–1882. , , , .
- 2002b. The CDK inhibitor NtKIS1a is involved in plant development, endoreduplication and restores normal development of cyclin D3; 1-overexpressing plants. Journal of Cell Science 115: 973–982. , , , , , .
- 2002. GATEWAY vectors for Agrobacterium mediated plant transformation. Trends in Plant Science 7: 193–195. , , .
- 1990. Different temporal and spatial gene expression patterns occur during anther development. Plant Cell 2: 1201–1224. , , , , .
- 2009. Making bigger plants: key regulators of final organ size. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 12: 17–22. .
- 2008. The plant CDK inhibitor NtKIS1a interferes with dedifferentiation, is specifically down regulated during development and interacts with a JAB1 homolog. Plant Science 175: 513–523. , , , , , .
- 2008. Control of final seed and organ size by the DA1 gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Development 22: 1331–1336. , , , , .
- 1999. A small asparagine-rich protein required for S-allele-specific pollen rejection in Nicotiana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 96: 13548–13553. , , , .
- 2001. A matter of size: developmental control of organ size in plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 4: 533–539. .
- 2000. Plant organ size control: AINTEGUMENTA regulates growth and cell numbers during organogenesis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 942–947. , .
- 2000. Auxin and ETTIN in Arabidopsis gynoecium morphogenesis. Development 127: 3877–3888. , , .
- 1964. Polychromatic staining of plant cell walls by toluidine blue. Protoplasma 59: 368–373. , , .
- 2005. Biochemical and cellular mechanisms of mammalian CDK inhibitors: a few unresolved issues. Oncogene 24: 2787–2795. , .
- 2007. Novel plant-specific cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors induced by biotic and abiotic stresses. Journal of Biological Chemistry 282: 25588–25596. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. The balance between cell division and endoreplication depends on E2FC-DPB, transcription factors regulated by the ubiquitin-SCFSKP2A pathway. Plant Cell 18: 2224–2235. , , , .
- 2009. Analysis of the Nicotiana tabacum stigma/style transcriptome reveals gene expression differences between wet and dry stigma species. Plant Physiology 149: 1211–1230. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Balance between cell division and differentiation during plant development. International Journal of Developmental Biology 49: 467–477. , , .
- 2008. Degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor KRP1 is regulated by two different ubiquitin E3 ligases. Plant Journal 53: 705–716. , , , , .
- 2001. Molecular cloning. A laboratory manual, 3rd edn. New York, NY, USA: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , .
- 2006. In planta transient expression as a system for genetic and biochemical analyses of chlorophyll biosynthesis. Plant Methods 2: 15. , , , .
- 2006. The AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR 2 gene of Arabidopsis links auxin signalling, cell division, and the size of seeds and other organs. Development 133: 251–261. , , , , , .
- 2001. A bipartite substrate recognition motif for cyclin-dependent kinases. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276: 1993–1997. , , .
- 2005. Differentiating plant cells switched to proliferation remodel the functional organization of nuclear domains. Cytogenetic and Genome Research 109: 166–174. , , , , , .
- 2002. Interpretation of mutants in leaf morphology: genetic evidence for a compensatory system in leaf morphogenesis that provides a new link between cell and organismal theories. International Review of Cytology 217: 1–39. .
- 2005. Switching the cell cycle. Kip-related proteins in plant cell cycle control. Plant Physiology 139: 1099–1106. , , , , .
- 2000. The nucleolus: the magician’s hat for cell cycle tricks. Current Opinion in Cell Biology 12: 372–377. , .
- 1993. Development and pollination regulated accumulation and glycosylation of a stylar transmitting tissue-specific proline-rich protein. Plant Cell 5: 1639–1650. , , .
- 2008. Functions, regulation and cellular localization of plant cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. Journal of Microscopy 231: 234–246. , , , .
- 2000. Expression of the plant cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor ICK1 affects cell division, plant growth and morphology. Plant Journal 24: 613–623. , , , , .
- 1996. Stigma development in Nicotiana tabacum. Cell death in transgenic plants as a marker to follow cell fate at high resolution. Sexual Plant Reproduction 9: 243–254. , , , .
- 2003. Control of in vitro organogenesis by cyclin-dependent kinase activities in plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 8019–8023. , , , , , .
- 2002. Plant CDK inhibitors: studies of interactions with cell cycle regulators in the yeast two-hybrid system and functional comparisons in transgenic Arabidopsis plants. Plant Cell Reports 20: 967–975. , , .
- 2006. Molecular control of nuclear and subnuclear targeting of the plant CDK inhibitor ICK1 and ICK1-mediated nuclear transport of CDKA. Plant Molecular Biology 62: 261–278. , , , , .
- 2003. Effects of co-expressing the plant CDK inhibitor ICK1 and D-type cyclin genes on plant growth, cell size and ploidy in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 216: 604–613. , , , , .
- 2004. Nuclear bodies and compartments: functional roles and cellular signalling in health and disease. Cell Signaling 16: 1085–1104. , , .