Plant reproduction: does size matter?
Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 190, Issue 4, pages 812–815, June 2011
How to Cite
Nieuwland, J., de Graaf, B. H. J., Cheung, A. Y. and Bosch, M. (2011), Plant reproduction: does size matter?. New Phytologist, 190: 812–815. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03749.x
- Issue online: 11 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2011
- 2000. The evolution and function of stylar polymorphisms in flowering plants. Annals of Botany 85: 253–265. , , .
- 2009. Male gametophyte development: a molecular perspective. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 1465–1478. , , .
- 2006. SIAMESE, a plant-specific cell cycle regulator, controls endoreplication onset in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 18: 3145–3157. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Functional analysis of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 13: 1653–1668. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The ins and outs of the plant cell cycle. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 8: 655–665. , , .
- 2011. Stigma/style cell cycle inhibitor 1 (SCI1), a tissue-specific cell cycle regulator that controls upper pistil development. New Phytologist 190: 882–895. , , , , , , .
- 2003. The plant cell cycle. Annual Review of Plant Biology 54: 235–264. , .
- 2007. Arabidopsis CYCD3 D-type cyclins link cell proliferation and endocycles and are rate-limiting for cytokinin responses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 14537–14542. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Cell Number Regulator1 affects plant and organ size in maize: implications for crop yield enhancement and heterosis. Plant Cell 22: 1057–1073. , , , , , , , , .
- 1981. Heterostyly in Primula 1. Fine-structural and cytochemical features of the stigma and style in Primula vulgaris Huds. Protoplasma 107: 171–187. , , .
- 2006. Analysis of the subcellular localization, function, and proteolytic control of the Arabidopsis cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor ICK1/KRP1. Plant Physiology 141: 1293–1305. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Global analysis of the core cell cycle regulators of Arabidopsis identifies novel genes, reveals multiple and highly specific profiles of expression and provides a coherent model for plant cell cycle control. Plant Journal 41: 546–566. , , , .
- 2009a. The D-type cyclin CYCD4;1 modulates lateral root density in Arabidopsis by affecting the basal meristem region. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 22528–22533. , , , , , .
- 2009b. Control of division and differentiation of plant stem cells and their derivatives. Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology 20: 1134–1142. , , .
- 2007. Novel plant-specific cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors induced by biotic and abiotic stresses. Journal of Biological Chemistry 282: 25588–25596. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Overexpression of the Arabidopsis anaphase promoting complex subunit CDC27a increases growth rate and organ size. Plant Molecular Biology 71: 307–318. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. The Arabidopsis D-type cyclin CYCD2;1 and the inhibitor ICK2/KRP2 modulate auxin-induced lateral root formation. Plant Cell 23: 641–660. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. More from less: plant growth under limited water. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 21: 197–203. , .
- 2005. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor KRP22 controls the onset of the endoreduplication cycle during Arabidopsis leaf development through inhibition of mitotic CDKA;1 kinase complexes. Plant Cell 17: 1723–1736. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Functions, regulation and cellular localization of plant cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. Journal of Microscopy 231: 234–246. , , , .
- 2006. Analysis of late stage flower development in Primula vulgaris reveals novel differences in cell morphology and temporal aspects of floral heteromorphy. New Phytologist 171: 591–603. , .
- 2010. Female gametophyte development in flowering plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 61: 89–108. , , .