The authors contributed equally to this report.
How do we improve Earth system models? Integrating Earth system models, ecosystem models, experiments and long-term data
Article first published online: 2 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 191, Issue 1, pages 15–18, July 2011
How to Cite
Leuzinger, S. and Quinn Thomas, R. (2011), How do we improve Earth system models? Integrating Earth system models, ecosystem models, experiments and long-term data. New Phytologist, 191: 15–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03778.x
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 2 JUN 2011
- 2009. Temperature sensitivity of drought-induced tree mortality portends increased regional die-off under global-change-type drought. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 7063–7066. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Increasing risk of Amazonian drought due to decreasing aerosol pollution. Nature 453: 212–215. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Carbon respiration from subsurface peat accelerated by climate warming in the subarctic. Nature 460: 616–619. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Contingent productivity responses to more extreme rainfall regimes across a grassland biome. Global Change Biology 15: 2894–2904. , , , , .
- 2009. Poor methodology for predicting large-scale tree die-off. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: E106. , , , .
- 2011. Do global change experiments overestimate impacts on terrestrial ecosystems? Trends in Ecology and Evolution 26: 236–241. , , , , , .
- 2008. Mechanisms of plant survival and mortality during drought: why do some plants survive while others succumb to drought? New Phytologist 178: 719–739. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Amazonian rain forests and drought: response and vulnerability. New Phytologist 187: 553–557. , .
- 2007. Projected ecosystem impact of the Prairie Heating and CO2 Enrichment experiment. New Phytologist 174: 823–834. , , , .
- 2011. Modeling coupled biogeochemical cycles. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 9: 68–73. .
- 2010. Physiological mechanisms of drought-induced tree mortality are far from being resolved. New Phytologist 186: 274–281. , , .
- 2011. Impact of rainfall manipulations and biotic controls on soil respiration in Mediterranean and desert ecosystems along an aridity gradient. Global Change Biology 17: 1108–1118. , , .