The Pisum sativum psp54 gene requires ABI3 and a chromatin remodeller to switch from a poised to a transcriptionally active state
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 192, Issue 2, pages 353–363, October 2011
How to Cite
Gagete, A. P., Franco, L. and Isabel Rodrigo, M. (2011), The Pisum sativum psp54 gene requires ABI3 and a chromatin remodeller to switch from a poised to a transcriptionally active state. New Phytologist, 192: 353–363. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03818.x
- Issue online: 27 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2011
- Received: 30 April 2011, Accepted: 6 June 2011
- 1986. The legumin gene family: structure of a B type gene of Vicia faba and a possible legumin gene specific regulatory element. Nucleic Acids Research 14: 2707–2720. , , , .
- 2004. Identification of enolase as a plasminogen-binding protein in excretory-secretory products of Fasciola hepatica. FEBS Letters 563: 203–206. , , , , , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254. .
- 2004. Interaction of PvALF and VP1 B3 domains with the beta-phaseolin promoter. Plant Molecular Biology 55: 221–237. , , , .
- 2005. A multifunctional bicupin serves as precursor for a chromosomal protein of Pisum sativum seeds. Journal of Experimental Botany 56: 3159–3169. , , , .
- 2000. A pea nuclear protein that is induced by dehydration belongs to the vicilin superfamily. European Journal of Biochemistry 267: 2156–2165. , , , , .
- 2008. Abscisic acid-mediated epigenetic processes in plant development and stress responses. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 50: 1187–1195. , , .
- 2009. The biology of chromatin remodeling complexes. Annual Review of Biochemistry 78: 273–304. , .
- 2010. Abscisic acid: emergence of a core signaling network. Annual Review of Plant Biology 61: 651–679. , , , .
- 2000. Transactivation of the Brassica napus napin promoter by ABI3 requires interaction of the conserved B2 and B3 domains of ABI3 with different cis-elements: B2 mediates activation through an ABRE, whereas B3 interacts with an RY/G-box. Plant Journal 24: 57–66. , , , , .
- 2002. Abscisic acid signaling in seeds and seedlings. Plant Cell 14(Suppl.): S15–S45. , , .
- 2000. The Arabidopsis abscisic acid response gene ABI5 encodes a basic leucine zipper transcription factor. Plant Cell 12: 599–609. , .
- 2009. Characterization and functional analysis of transcriptional factor PsABI3. Interaction with chromatin of pea psp54 gene. PhD thesis, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain. .
- 2009. Functional analysis of the isoforms of an ABI3-like factor of Pisum sativum generated by alternative splicing. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 1703–1714. , , , .
- 2009. The RY/Sph element mediates transcriptional repression of maturation genes from late maturation to early seedling growth. New Phytologist 184: 552–565. , , , , , .
- 1990. A plant leucine zipper protein that recognizes an abscisic acid response element. Science 250: 267–271. , , .
- 2010. Early abscisic acid signal transduction mechanisms: newly discovered components and newly emerging questions. Genes and Development 24: 1695–1708. , , , , .
- 2007. SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling and linker histones in plants. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1769: 330–345. .
- 2003. Regulation of storage protein gene expression in Arabidopsis. Development 130: 6065–6073. , , , , .
- 2010. H2A.Z-containing nucleosomes mediate the thermosensory response in Arabidopsis. Cell 140: 136–147. , .
- 2000. Rapid and reliable protein extraction from yeast. Yeast 16: 857–860. .
- 2002. ABI5 acts downstream of ABI3 to execute an ABA-dependent growth arrest during germination. Plant Journal 32: 317–328. , , , , .
- 2008. Poised RNA polymerase II gives pause for thought. Cell 133: 581–584. , .
- 1998. Vectors for transcription factor cloning and target site identification by means of genetic selection in yeast. Yeast 14: 1407–1415. , , .
- 2004. Seed-specific transcription factors ABI3 and FUS3: molecular interaction with DNA. Planta 219: 158–166. , , , , , , .
- 1990. Nuclear proteins bind conserved elements in the abscisic acid-responsive promoter of a rice rab gene. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 87: 1406–1410. , , .
- 2007. RNA polymerase is poised for activation across the genome. Nature Genetics 39: 1507–1511. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Physical interactions between ABA response loci of Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 26: 627–635. , , .
- 2006. Ordered histone modifications are associated with transcriptional poising and activation of the phaseolin promoter. Plant Cell 18: 119–132. , , .
- 1994. Regulation of gene expression programs during Arabidopsis seed development: roles of the ABI3 locus and of endogenous abscisic acid. Plant Cell 6: 1567–1582. , , , , , .
- 2000. Gene regulation during late embryogenesis: the RY motif of maturation-specific gene promoters is a direct target of the FUS3 gene product. Plant Journal 21: 401–408. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Chromatin modifiers that control plant development. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 9: 21–27. .
- 2007. Abscisic acid and desiccation-dependent expression of a novel putative SNF5-type chromatin-remodeling gene in Pisum sativum. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 45: 427–435. , , , , , .
- 1991. Abscisic acid and the developmental regulation of embryo storage proteins in maize. Plant Physiology 95: 358–365. , .
- 2006. Id2 leaves the chromatin of the E2F4-p130-controlled c-myc promoter during hepatocyte priming for liver regeneration. Biochemical Journal 398: 431–437. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. RNAPol-ChIP: a novel application of chromatin immunoprecipitation to the analysis of real-time gene transcription. Nucleic Acids Research 32: e88. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Deciphering gene regulatory networks that control seed development and maturation in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 54: 608–620. , , , , , .
- 1991. Cis-acting DNA elements responsive to gibberellin and its antagonist abscisic acid. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 88: 7266–7270. , , , .
- 2007. Up-regulation of stress-inducible genes in tobacco and Arabidopsis cells in response to abiotic stresses and ABA treatment correlates with dynamic changes in histone H3 and H4 modifications. Planta 227: 245–254. , , , .
- 1983. DNase I sensitivity of transcriptionally active genes in intact nuclei and isolated chromatin of plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 80: 815–819. , , .
- 1997. The conserved B3 domain of VIVIPAROUS1 has a cooperative DNA binding activity. Plant Cell 9: 799–807. , , .
- 2008. Functional symmetry of the B3 network controlling seed development. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 548–553. , .
- 2008. The Arabidopsis BRAHMA chromatin-remodeling ATPase is involved in repression of seed maturation genes in leaves. Plant Physiology 147: 1143–1157. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1986. The nucleosomal repeat length of pea (Pisum sativum) chromatin changes during germination. Plant Molecular Biology 7: 25–31. , .
- 2005. The AIP2 E3 ligase acts as a novel negative regulator of ABA signaling by promoting ABI3 degradation. Genes and Development 19: 1532–1543. , , .