Danger at your door: pathogen signals and programmed cell death in plants
Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 192, Issue 1, pages 1–3, October 2011
How to Cite
Ma, Y. and Berkowitz, G. A. (2011), Danger at your door: pathogen signals and programmed cell death in plants. New Phytologist, 192: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03857.x
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2011
- 2008. Bacterial polysaccharides suppress induced innate immunity by calcium chelation. Current Biology 18: 1078–1083. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Differential innate immune signalling via Ca(2+) sensor protein kinases. Nature 464: 418–422. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Type-2 histone deacetylases as new regulators of elicitor-induced cell death in plants. New Phytologist 192: 127–139. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Programmed cell death in the plant immune system. Cell Death & Differentiation 18: 1247–1256. , , .
- 2009. Activation of a nuclear localized-SIPK in tobacco cells challenged by cryptogein, an elicitor of plant defence reactions. Biochemical Journal 418: 191–200. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Early signaling events induced by elicitors of plant defenses. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 19: 711–724. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The plant immune system. Nature 444: 323–329. , .
- 2010. Perception of the Arabidopsis danger signal peptide 1 involves the pattern recognition receptor AtPEPR1 and its close homologue AtPEPR2. Journal of Biological Chemistry 285: 13471–13479. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Proteinaceous and oligosaccharidic elicitors induce different calcium signatures in the nucleus of tobacco cells. Cell Calcium 38: 527–538. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Ca2+, cAMP, and transduction of non-self perception during plant immune responses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 20995–21000. , , , , , .
- 2011. Phosphorylation of a WRKY ranscription factor by two pathogen-responsive MAPKs drives phytoalexin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23: 1639–1653. , , , , , .
- 2010. Cross-talk between ROS and calcium in regulation of nuclear activities. Molecular Plant 3: 706–718. , , , .
- 2008. Amino acid sequence of bacterial microbe-associated molecular pattern flg22 is required for virulence. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interaction 21: 1165–1174. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Of PAMPs and effectors: the blurred PTI-ETI dichotomy. Plant Cell 23: 4–15. , , .
- 2011. HISTONE DEACETYLASE6 interacts with FLOWERING LOCUS D and regulates flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 156: 173–184. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Function of endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase in innate immunity-mediated programmed cell death. EMBO Journal 29: 1007–1018. , , , , .