Fire regimes: moving from a fuzzy concept to geographic entity
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 192, Issue 2, pages 316–318, October 2011
How to Cite
Murphy, B. P., Williamson, G. J. and Bowman, D. M. J. S. (2011), Fire regimes: moving from a fuzzy concept to geographic entity. New Phytologist, 192: 316–318. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03893.x
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
- 2005. Fire as a global ‘herbivore’: the ecology and evolution of flammable ecosystems. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 20: 387–394. , .
- 2009. Fire in the earth system. Science 324: 481–484. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. A biogeographic model of fire regimes in Australia: current and future implications. Global Ecology and Biogeography 19: 145–158. .
- 2005. Comparison of burn severity assessments using Differenced Normalized Burn Ratio and ground data. International Journal of Wildland Fire 14: 189–198. , , .
- 1967. Life zone ecology. San Jose, Costa Rica: Tropical Science Center. .
- 2004. A classification of landscape fire succession models: spatial simulations of fire and vegetation dynamics. Ecological Modelling 179: 3–27. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Constraints on global fire activity vary across a resource gradient. Ecology 92: 121–132. , .
- 2009. Global pyrogeography: the current and future distribution of fire. PLoS ONE 4: e5102. , , , , .
- 2007. Environmental drivers of large, infrequent wildfires: the emerging conceptual model. Progress in Physical Geography 31: 287–312. , , , .
- 2009. Environmental controls on the distribution of wildfire at multiple spatial scales. Ecological Monographs 79: 127–154. , .
- 2011. Modeling fire and the terrestrial carbon balance. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 25: GB3005. , , , , , .
- 2009. Interactions between climate change, fire regimes and biodiversity in Australia: a preliminary assessment. Canberra, Australia: Department of Climate Change and Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Retrieval of biomass combustion rates and totals from fire radiative power observations: FRP derivation and calibration relationships between biomass consumption and fire radiative energy release. Journal of Geophysical Research 110: D24311. , , .