Multi-factor global change experiments: what have we learned about terrestrial carbon storage and exchange?
Article first published online: 11 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2011 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 192, Issue 4, pages 797–800, December 2011
How to Cite
Templer, P. H. and Reinmann, A. B. (2011), Multi-factor global change experiments: what have we learned about terrestrial carbon storage and exchange?. New Phytologist, 192: 797–800. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03959.x
- Issue published online: 11 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 11 NOV 2011
- 2010. Soil-carbon response to warming dependent on microbial physiology. Nature Geosciences 3: 336–340. , , .
- 2010. Climate change alters seedling emergence and establishment in an old-field ecosystem. PLoS ONE 5: e13476. , , , , .
- 2006. On the variability of respiration in terrestrial ecosystems: moving beyond Q10. Global Change Biology 12: 154–164. , , .
- 2011. The Dual Arrhenius and Michaelis–Menten (DAMM) kinetics model for decomposition of soil organic matter at hourly to seasonal time scales. Global Change Biology. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2011.02546.x. , , , .
- 2009. Primary productivity and water balance of grassland vegetation on three soils in a continuous CO2 gradient: initial results from the lysimeter CO2 gradient experiment. Ecosystems 12: 699–714. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Importance of changing CO2, temperature, precipitation, and ozone on carbon and water cycles of an upland-oak forest: incorporating experimental results into model simulations. Global Change Biology 11: 1402–1423. , , , , .
- 2008. Terrestrial ecosystem carbon dynamics and climate feedbacks. Nature 451: 289–292. , .
- IPCC. 2007. Solomon S, Qin D, Manning M, Chen Z, Marquis M, Averyt KB, Tignor M, Miller HL, eds. Climate change 2007: the physical science basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the fourth assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge, UK & New York, NY, USA: Cambridge University Press.
- 2010. Climate change effects on plant biomass alter dominance patterns and community evenness in an experimental old-field ecosystem. Global Change Biology 16: 2676–2687. , , , , , .
- 2010. Climate warming and biomass accumulation of terrestrial plants: a meta-analysis. New Phytologist 188: 187–198. , , .
- 2003. The implications of exoenzyme activity on microbial carbon and nitrogen limitation in soil: a theoretical model. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 35: 549–556. , .
- 2010. Resolving ecosystem complexity. Princeton, NJ, USA: Princeton University Press. .
- 2011. Effects of soil moisture on the temperature sensitivity of heterotrophic respiration vary seasonally in an old-field climate change experiment. Global Change Biology. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2011.02516.x , , , .
- 2011. Changes in the structural composition and reactivity of Acer rubrum leaf litter tannins exposed to warming and altered precipitation: climatic stress-induced tannins are more reactive. New Phytologist 191: 132–145. , , , , , .
- 2007. Responses of soil respiration to elevated CO2, air warming, and changing soil water availability in an old-field grassland. Global Change Biology 13: 2411–2424. , , , .