All Authors contributed equally to this manuscript; authorship is alphabetical.
New frontiers in community and ecosystem genetics for theory, conservation, and management
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 193, Issue 1, pages 24–26, January 2012
How to Cite
Bailey, J. K., Genung, M. A., O’Reilly-Wapstra, J., Potts, B., Rowntree, J., Schweitzer, J. A. and Whitham, T. G. (2012), New frontiers in community and ecosystem genetics for theory, conservation, and management. New Phytologist, 193: 24–26. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03973.x
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
- 2009. From genes to ecosystems: synthesizing the effects of plant genetic factors across systems. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B – Biological Sciences 364: 1607–1616. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. A geographic mosaic of genetic variation within a foundation tree species and its community-level consequences. Ecology 90: 1762–1772. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Disentangling the web of life. Science 325: 416–419. .
- 2009. Predicting plant invasions in an era of global change. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 25: 310–318. , , , .
- 2010. Negative soil feedbacks accumulate over time for non-native plant species. Ecology Letters 13: 803–809. , , , , , .
- 2011. Geographic mosaics of plant-soil feedbacks in a highly invasive plant: implications for invasion success. Ecology 92: 1208–1214. , , .
- 2011. Genetic variation and community change – selection, evolution, and feedbacks. Functional Ecology 25: 408–419. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Ecological consequences of genetic diversity. Ecology Letters 11: 609–623. , , , , .
- 2010. Resource limitation is a driver of local adaptation in mycorrhizal symbioses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107: 2093–2098. , , , , .
- 2010. A genetic basis to community repeatability and stability. Ecology 11: 3398–3406. , , .
- 2008. Plant–soil feedbacks: a meta-analytical review. Ecology Letters 11: 980–992. , , , .
- 2009. Role of coevolution in generating biological diversity: spatially divergent selection trajectories. Journal of Experimental Biology 60: 2957–2970. .
- 2008. Accounting for population variation improves estimates of the impact of climate change on species’ growth and distribution. Journal of Applied Ecology 45: 1040–1049. , , .
- 2010. Soils as agents of selection: feedbacks between plants and soils alter seedling survival and performance. Evolutionary Ecology 24: 1045–1059. , , , .
- 2011. Genetic variation changes the interactions between the parasitic plant–ecosystem engineer Rhinanthus and its hosts. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B – Biological Sciences 366: 1380–1388. , , .
- 2005. The geographic mosaic theory of coevolution. Chicago, IL, USA: University of Chicago Press. .
- 2001. Linking above and belowground multitrophic interactions of plants, herbivores, pathogens, and their antagonists. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 16: 547–554. , , , .
- 2010. A community and ecosystem genetics approach to conservation biology and management. In: DeWoody A, Bickham J, Michler C, Nichols K, Rhodes G, Woeste K, eds. Molecular approaches in natural resource conservation and management. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 50–73. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Genes to ecosystems: exploring the frontiers of ecology with one of the smallest biological units. New Phytologist 191: 19–36. , , , , , .