Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 193, Issue 1, pages 27–29, January 2012
How to Cite
Reed, S. C., Wood, T. E. and Cavaleri, M. A. (2012), Tropical forests in a warming world. New Phytologist, 193: 27–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03985.x
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
- 2009. Investigating biological control over soil carbon temperature sensitivity. Global Change Biology 15: 2935–2949. , .
- 2003. Tropical rain forest tree growth and atmospheric carbon dynamics linked to interannual temperature variation during 1984–2000. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 100: 5852–5857. , , , .
- 2011. Relationships among net primary productivity, nutrients and climate in tropical rain forest: a pan-tropical analysis. Ecology Letters 14: 939–947. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Widespread coupling between the rate and temperature sensitivity of organic matter decay. Nature Geoscience 3: 854–857. , , .
- 2002. Comparison of temperate and tropical rainforest tree species: photosynthetic responses to growth temperature. Oecologia 133: 112–119. , .
- 2011. Observational and model evidence of global emergence of permanent, unprecedented heat in the 20th and 21st centuries. Climatic Change 107: 615–624. , .
- 2008. Are tropical forests near a high temperature threshold? Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences 113: G00B07, doi:10.1029/2007JG000632. , .
- 2007. Decelerating growth in tropical forest trees. Ecology Letters 10: 461–469. , , , , .
- 2009. Increasing carbon storage in intact African tropical forests. Nature 457: 1003–1006. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Pattern and process in Amazon tree turnover, 1976–2001. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London Series B – Biological Sciences 359: 381–407. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1995. Global patterns of carbon-dioxide emissions from soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 9: 23–36. , .
- 2010. Temperature and tree growth. Tree Physiology 30: 667–668. .
- 2001. Tree and forest functioning in response to global warming. New Phytologist 149: 369–400. , , , , .
- 2011. Increasing liana abundance and biomass in tropical forests: emerging patterns and putative mechanisms. Ecology Letters 14: 397–406. , .