Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2011
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 193, Issue 1, pages 9–11, January 2012
How to Cite
Dick, C. W. and Toby Pennington, R. (2012), Molecular systematic perspectives on biome origins and dynamics. New Phytologist, 193: 9–11. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.03991.x
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2011
- 2003. Synchronous coadaptation in an ancient case of herbivory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 12804–12807. .
- 2005. Timing the origin and expansion of the Mexican tropical dry forest. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 10919–10923. .
- 2009. Macroevolutionary chemical escalation in an ancient plant–herbivore arms race. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 18062–18066. , , .
- 2002. Laurasian migration explains Gondwanan disjunctions: evidence from Malpighiaceae. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 6833–6837. , , , .
- 2012. Insights into the historical construction of species-rich Mesoamerican seasonally dry tropical forests: the diversification of Bursera (Burseraceae, Sapindales). New Phytologist 193: 276–287 [correction added after online publication, 2 December 2011: the publication year of this reference has been corrected to 2012 instead of 2011]. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Molecular systematics reveals cryptic Tertiary diversification of a widespread tropical rainforest tree. American Naturalist 162: 691–703. , , .
- 2007. Drought sensitivity shapes species distribution patterns in tropical forests. Nature 447: 80–83. , , , , , , .
- 2006. The growth-defense trade-off and habitat specialization by plants in Amazonian forests. Ecology 87: S150–S162. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Neotropical seasonally dry forests: diversity, endemism and bioeography of woody plants. In: Dirzo R, Mooney H, Ceballos G, Young H, eds. Latin American seasonally dry tropical forests. Washington, DC, USA: Island Press, 3–22. , , .
- 2004. The role of immigrants in the assembly of the South American rainforest tree flora. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London Series B – Biological Sciences 359: 1611–1622. , .
- 2009. Woody plant diversity, evolution, and ecology in the tropics: perspectives from seasonally dry tropical forests. Annual Review of Ecology Evolution and Systematics 40: 437–457. , , .
- 2010. Contrasting plant diversification histories within the Andean biodiversity hotspot. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107: 13783–13787. , , , , , .
- 2001. Rapid diversification of a species-rich genus of neotropical rain forest trees. Science 293: 2242–2245. , , , .
- 2008. Ecology of insects: concepts and applications. Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. , , .
- 2005. The phylogenetic history and biogeography of the frankincense and myrrh family (Burseraceae) based on nuclear and chloroplast sequence data. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 35: 85–101. , , .