Patent P201131186. Method of increasing or reducing the development of sylleptic and/or proleptic branches in a woody plant. Filed at the Oficina Española de Patentes y Marcas on July 13, 2011 at 12:39 h.
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Bioenergy trees’
Volume 194, Issue 1, pages 83–90, April 2012
How to Cite
Moreno-Cortés, A., Hernández-Verdeja, T., Sánchez-Jiménez, P., González-Melendi, P., Aragoncillo, C. and Allona, I. (2012), CsRAV1 induces sylleptic branching in hybrid poplar. New Phytologist, 194: 83–90. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.04023.x
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received: 16 November 2011, Accepted: 18 November 2011
- 2007. Arabidopsis BRANCHED1 acts as an integrator of branching signals within axillary buds. Plant Cell 19: 458–472. , , .
- 2011. Identification of a homolog of Arabidopsis DSP4 (SEX4) in chestnut: its induction and accumulation in stem amyloplasts during winter or in response to the cold. Plant, Cell & Environment 34: 1693–1704. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. New genes in the strigolactone-related shoot branching pathway. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 13: 34–39. , .
- 2006. CO/FT regulatory module controls timing of flowering and seasonal growth cessation in trees. Science 312: 1040–1043. , , , , , , .
- 2008. The balance between CONSTANS and TEMPRANILLO activities determines FT expression to trigger flowering. Current Biology 18: 1338–1343. , .
- 1990. Crown architecture of Populus clones as determined by branch orientation and branch characteristics. Tree Physiology 7: 157–167. , , , , .
- 2002. A preliminary investigation of the role of auxin and cytokinin in sylleptic branching of three hybrid poplar clones exhibiting contrasting degrees of sylleptic branching. Annals of Botany 90: 417–421. , .
- 2006. A possible role of cytokinin in mediating long-distance nitrogen signaling in the promotion of sylleptic branching in hybrid poplar. Journal of Plant Physiology 163: 684–688. , , .
- 2009. Hormone interactions during vascular development. Plant Molecular Biology 69: 347–360. , , .
- 2009. Relationships among productivity determinants in two hybrid poplar families grown during three years at two contrasting sites. Tree Physiology 29: 975–987. , , , , .
- 2009. The Populus homeobox gene ARBORKNOX2 regulates cell differentiation during secondary growth. Plant Journal 60: 1000–1014. , , .
- 2005. Low temperature induction of Arabidopsis CBF1, 2, and 3 is gated by the circadian clock. Plant Physiology 137: 961–968. , , .
- 1999. Expression of a conifer glutamine synthetase gene in transgenic poplar. Planta 210: 19–26. , , , , , .
- 2006. The Populus homeobox gene ARBORKNOX1 reveals overlapping mechanisms regulating the shoot apical meristem and the vascular cambium. Plant Molecular Biology 61: 917–932. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Identification of unstable transcripts in Arabidopsis by cDNA microarray analysis: rapid decay is associated with a group of touch- and specific clock-controlled genes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 11513–11518. , , , .
- 1999. BioEdit: a user-friendly biological sequence alignment editor and analysis program for Windows 95/98/NT. Nucleic Acids Symposium Series 41: 95–98. .
- 2009. Short-rotation woody crops for bioenergy and biofuels applications. In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology. Plant 45: 619–629. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. FLOWERING LOCUS T duplication coordinates reproductive and vegetative growth in perennial poplar. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 108: 10756–10761. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Arabidopsis RAV1 is down-regulated by brassinosteroid and may act as a negative regulator during plant development. Cell Research 14: 8–15. , , , .
- 2008. Overall alteration of circadian clock gene expression in the chestnut cold response. PLoS ONE 3: e3567. , , , , , , .
- 2009. A novel group of transcriptional repressors in Arabidopsis. Plant & Cell Physiology 50: 970–975. , .
- 2004. Improved growth in a field trial of transgenic hybrid poplar overexpressing glutamine synthetase. New Phytologist 164: 137–145. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Arabidopsis transcription factors, RAV1 and RAV2, are regulated by touch-related stimuli in a dose-dependent and biphasic manner. Genes & Genetic Systems 84: 95–99. , .
- 1999. RAV1, a novel DNA-binding protein, binds to bipartite recognition sequence through two distinct DNA-binding domains uniquely found in higher plants. Nucleic Acids Research 27: 470–478. , , .
- 2008. Bioenergy from plants and the sustainable yield challenge. New Phytologist 179: 15–32. , .
- 1986. The promoter of TL-DNA gene 5 controls the tissue-specific expression of chimaeric genes carried by a novel type of Agrobacterium binary vector. Molecular and General Genetics 204: 383–396. , .
- 2007. Clustal W and Clustal X version 2.0. Bioinformatics 23: 2947–2948. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. The Arabidopsis cold-responsive transcriptome and its regulation by ICE1. Plant Cell 17: 3155–3175. , , .
- 2009. The control of shoot branching: an example of plant information processing. Plant, Cell & Environment 32: 694–703. .
- 2011. Tomato RAV transcription factor is a pivotal modulator involved in the AP2/EREBP-mediated defense pathway. Plant Physiology 156: 213–227. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. A statistical model for testing the pleiotropic control of phenotypic plasticity for a count trait. Genetics 179: 627–636. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Development of series of gateway binary vectors, pGWBs, for realizing efficient construction of fusion genes for plant transformation. Journal of Bioscience Bioengineering 104: 34–41. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Cytokinin signaling regulates cambial development in poplar. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 20032–20037. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Dissecting the molecular basis of the regulation of wood formation by auxin in hybrid aspen. Plant Cell 20: 843–855. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Quantitative genetic analysis of biomass and wood chemistry of Populus under different nitrogen levels. New Phytologist 182: 878–890. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1996. TreeView: an application to display phylogenetic trees on personal computers. Computer Applications in the Biosciences 12: 357–358. .
- 2009. Five QTL hotspots for yield in short rotation coppice bioenergy poplar: the Poplar Biomass Loci. BMC Plant Biology 9: 23. , , , , .
- 2006. The path forward for biofuels and biomaterials. Science 311: 484–489. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Winter disruption of the circadian clock in chestnut. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 7037–7042. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Identifying potential environmental impacts of large-scale deployment of dedicated bioenergy crops in the UK. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 13: 271–290. , , .
- 2005. An alternative tandem affinity purification strategy applied to Arabidopsis protein complex isolation. Plant Journal 41: 767–778. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Genome-wide analysis of histidine repeats reveals their role in the localization of human proteins to the nuclear speckles compartment. PLoS Genetics 5: e1000397. , , , , .
- 1995. Growth processes. Biomass and Bioenergy 9: 35–43. .
- 2006. Energy crops: current status and future prospects. Global Change Biology 12: 2054–2076. , , , , .
- 2006. Expression and functional roles of the pepper pathogen-induced transcription factor RAV1 in bacterial disease resistance, and drought and salt stress tolerance. Plant Molecular Biology 61: 897–915. , , , , .
- 1912. Der Johannistrieb. Ein Beitrag zur Kenntnis der Periodizität und Jahrringbildung sommergrüner Holzgewächse. Berlin, Germany: Paul Parey. .
- 2008. The plant B3 superfamily. Trends in Plant Science 13: 647–655. , , .
- 1989. Photosynthetic reinvigoration of leaves following shoot decapitation and accelerated growth of coppice shoots. Physiologia Plantarum 75: 157–165. , .
- 2005. Yield enhancement genes: seeds for growth. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 16: 147–153. .
- 2010. Potential of Arabidopsis systems biology to advance the biofuel field. Trends in Biotechnology 28: 543–547. , , .
- 2001. Construct design for efficient, effective and high-throughput gene silencing in plants. Plant Journal 27: 581–590. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Molecular genetics and developmental physiology: implications for designing better forest crops. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 19: 377–393. , , .
- 2004. Solution structure of the B3 DNA binding domain of the Arabidopsis cold-responsive transcription factor RAV1. Plant Cell 16: 3448–3459. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Members of the LATERAL ORGAN BOUNDARIES DOMAIN transcription factor family are involved in the regulation of secondary growth in Populus. Plant Cell 22: 3662–3677. , , .
- 2011. SHORT INTERNODES-like genes regulate shoot growth and xylem proliferation in Populus. New Phytologist 191: 678–691. , , , , , , .
- 2008. A RAV-like transcription factor controls photosynthesis and senescence in soybean. Planta 227: 1389–1399. , , , , .