Metabolic dynamics during autumn cold acclimation within and among populations of Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis)
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Bioenergy trees’
Volume 194, Issue 1, pages 192–205, April 2012
How to Cite
Dauwe, R., Holliday, J. A., Aitken, S. N. and Mansfield, S. D. (2012), Metabolic dynamics during autumn cold acclimation within and among populations of Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis). New Phytologist, 194: 192–205. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.04027.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2012
- Received: 4 October 2011, Accepted: 27 November 2011
- 2008. Adaptation, migration or extirpation: climate change outcomes for tree populations. Evolutionary Applications 1: 95–111. , , , , .
- 2003. GABA signaling: a conserved and ubiquitous mechanism. Trends in Cell Biology 13: 607–610. , , .
- 2006. L-Tartaric acid synthesis from vitamin C in higher plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 5608–5613. , , .
- 2007. Environmental and hormonal regulation of the activity-dormancy cycle in the cambial meristem involves stage-specific modulation of transcriptional and metabolic networks. Plant Journal 50: 557–573. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Association genetics of coastal Douglas Fir (Pseudotsugamenziesu var. menziesii, Pinaceae). I. Cold-hardiness related traits. Genetics 182: 1289–1302. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Hydrogen peroxide- and glutathione-associated mechanisms of acclimatory stress tolerance and signalling. Physiologia Plantarum 100: 241–254. , , , .
- 2006. Effective gene dispersal and female reproductive success in Mediterranean maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Aiton). Molecular Ecology 15: 4577–4588. , , , , , .
- 2011. mixOmics: Omics Data Integration Project. URL http://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/~biostat/mixOmics/ , , .
- 2006. Natural genetic variation of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 142: 98–112. , , , , , .
- 2008. Global monitoring of autumn gene expression within and among phenotypically divergent populations of Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis). New Phytologist 178: 103–122. , , , , .
- 2010. Widespread ecologically-relevant genetic markers developed from association mapping of climate-related traits in Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis). New Phytologist 188: 501–514. , , .
- 2003. From genotype to phenotype: unraveling the complexities of cold adaptation in forest trees. Canadian Journal of Botany-Revue Canadienne De Botanique 81: 1247–1266. , , , , , .
- 2003. The putative glutamate receptor 1.1 (AtGLR1.1) functions as a regulator of carbon and nitrogen metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 6872–6877. , .
- 2005. RNA interference of Arabidopsis beta-amylase8 prevents maltose accumulation upon cold shock and increases sensitivity of PSII photochemical efficiency to freezing stress. Plant Journal 44: 730–743. , .
- 2001. Role of glutathione in adaptation and signalling during chilling and cold acclimation in plants. Physiologia Plantarum 113: 158–164. , , .
- 2010. Predicting Arabidopsis freezing tolerance and heterosis in freezing tolerance from metabolite composition. Molecular Plant 3: 224–235. , , , , , .
- 2009. integrOmics: an R package to unravel relationships between two omics datasets. Bioinformatics 25: 2855–2856. , , .
- 2002. Glucose catabolism in leaves of cold-treated winter rape plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 159: 397–402. , .
- 2009. Metabolic pathways involved in cold acclimation identified by integrated analysis of metabolites and transcripts regulated by DREB1A and DREB2A. Plant Physiology 150: 1972–1980. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Adaptive gradients and isolation-by-distance with postglacial migration in Piceasitchensis. Heredity 99: 224–232. , .
- 2010. Local adaptation at the range peripheries of Sitka spruce. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 23: 249–258. , .
- 2004. Association genetics of complex traits in conifers. Trends in Plant Science 9: 325–330. , .
- 1970. Seasonal biochemical changes in the living bark and needles of red pine (Pinus resinosa) in relation to adaptation of freezing. Canadian Journal of Botany 48: 953–967. , , .
- 1991. The relationship between the post-illumination CO2 burst and glycine metabolism in leaves of C3 and C3-C4 intermediate species of Moricandia. Planta 186: 122–126. , .
- 2007. Metabolite profiling of Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) field trials reveals strong environmental and weak genetic variation. New Phytologist 174: 762–773. , , , .
- 2007. A molecular timetable for apical bud formation and dormancy induction in poplar. Plant Cell 19: 2370–2390. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Gene flow and local adaptation in trees. Annual Review of Ecology Evolution and Systematics 38: 595–619. , , .
- 2005. GC-MS libraries for the rapid identification of metabolites in complex biological samples. FEBS Letters 579: 1332–1337. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Cambial meristem dormancy in trees involves extensive remodelling of the transcriptome. Plant Journal 40: 173–187. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Metabolism and functions of gamma-aminobutyric acid. Trends in Plant Science 4: 446–452. , , .
- 2006. XCMS: processing mass spectrometry data for metabolite profiling using Nonlinear peak alignment, matching, and identification. Analytical Chemistry 78: 779–787. , , , , .
- 1999. An integrated method for spectrum extraction and compound identification from gas chromatography/mass spectrometry data. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry 10: 770–781. .
- 2010. MicroRNAs, the epigenetic memory and climatic adaptation in Norway spruce. New Phytologist 187: 1154–1169. , , .
- 2004. The role of raffinose in the cold acclimation response of Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Letters 576: 169–173. , , , , , .