Putting a bifunctional motor to work: insights into the role of plant KCH kinesins
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Author. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 193, Issue 3, pages 543–545, February 2012
How to Cite
Dixit, R. (2012), Putting a bifunctional motor to work: insights into the role of plant KCH kinesins. New Phytologist, 193: 543–545. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2011.04030.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
- 2011. Cytoskeletal dynamics in interphase, mitosis and cytokinesis analysed through Agrobacterium-mediated transient transformation of tobaccoBY-2 cells. New Phytologist 190: 258–267. , , , , .
- 2008. Crossed-wires: interactions and cross-talk between the microtubule and microfilament networks in plants. In: Nick P, ed. Plant microtubules. Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 47–79. .
- 2009. Dynamic bridges – a calponin-domain kinesin from rice links actin filaments and microtubules in both cycling and non-cycling cells. Plant Cell Physiology 50: 1493–1506. , , .
- 2010. A kinesin with calponin-homology domain is involved in premitotic nuclear migration. Journal of Experimental Botany 61: 3423–3437. , , .
- 2012. A novel actin–microtubule cross-linking kinesin, NtKCH, functions in cell expansion and division. New Phytologist 193: 576–589. , .
- 2011. Dynamic microtubules and the texture of plant cell walls. International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology 287: 287–329. .
- 2009. Actin and microtubule cytoskeleton interactions. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 12: 728–734. , .
- 2004. A plant-specific kinesin binds to actin microfilaments and interacts with cortical microtubules in cotton fibers. Plant Physiology 136: 3945–3955. , , , , , .
- 2006. Comprehensive comparative analysis of kinesins in photosynthetic eukaryotes. BMC Genomics 7: 18. , , .
- 2011. Live cell imaging reveals structural associations between the actin and microtubule cytoskeleton in arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23: 2302–2313. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Characterization of a novel rice kinesin O12 with a calponin homology domain. Journal of Biochemistry 149: 91–101. , , , , .
- 2003. Remodeling the cytoskeleton for growth and form: an overview with some new views. Annual Review of Plant Biology 54: 691–722. , .
- 2009. A cotton kinesin ghkch2 interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments. Biochemical Journal 421: 171–180. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cotton GhKCH2, a plant-specific kinesin, is low-affinitive and nucleotide-independent as binding to microtubule. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 40: 723–730. , , , , .