Developmentally equivalent tissue sampling based on growth kinematic profiling of Arabidopsis inflorescence stems
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Bioenergy trees’
Volume 194, Issue 1, pages 287–296, April 2012
How to Cite
Hall, H. and Ellis, B. (2012), Developmentally equivalent tissue sampling based on growth kinematic profiling of Arabidopsis inflorescence stems. New Phytologist, 194: 287–296. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04060.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2012
- Received: 18 October 2011, Accepted: 9 December 2011
- 1995. STUNTED PLANT 1, a gene required for expansion in rapidly elongating but not in dividing cells and mediating root growth responses to applied cytokinin. Plant Physiology 107: 233. , , , .
- 2007. A novel image-analysis technique for kinematic study of growth and curvature. Plant Physiology 145: 305–316. , , , .
- 2005. Cell type-specific expression profiling in plants via cell sorting of protoplasts from fluorescent reporter lines. Nature methods 2: 615–619. , , , , , , .
- 2003. A gene expression map of the Arabidopsis root. Science 302: 1956–1960. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Growth stage-based phenotypic analysis of Arabidopsis: a model for high throughput functional genomics in plants. Plant Cell 13: 1499–1510. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Growth dynamics and cytoskeleton organization during stem maturation and gravity-induced stem bending in Zea mays L. Planta 207: 246–258. , , , .
- 2005. Global transcript profiling of primary stems from Arabidopsis thaliana identifies candidate genes for missing links in lignin biosynthesis and transcriptional regulators of fiber differentiation. The Plant Journal 42: 618–640. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1956. Elemental growth rate of the primary root of Zea mays. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 100: 487–498. , .
- 2009. High-throughput quantification of root growth using a novel image-analysis tool. Plant Physiology 150: 1784–1795. , , , , .
- 1983. Growth in root apices. I. The kinematic description of growth. Botanical Gazette 144: 1–10. .
- 1994. Bi-directional inflorescence development in Arabidopsis thaliana: acropetal initiation of flowers and basipetal initiation of paraclades. Planta 192: 276–286. , .
- 1970. Maize leaf elongation: continuous measurements and close dependence on plant water status. Science 168: 590–591. , , .
- 2007. Root growth dynamics of Nicotiana attenuata seedlings are affected by simulated herbivore attack. Plant, Cell & Environment 30: 1326–1336. , , , .
- 2005. Comprehensive approach to genes involved in cell wall modifications in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Molecular Biology 58: 177–192. , , .
- 2004. Arabidopsis whole-transcriptome profiling defines the features of coordinated regulations that occur during secondary growth. Plant Molecular Biology 55: 433–453. , .
- 2009. Transcriptomic analysis of Arabidopsis developing stems: a close-up on cell wall genes. BMC Plant Biology 9: 6. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Use of a flexible logistic function to describe axial growth of plants. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 54: 1069–1081. , .
- 1998. Analysis of changes in relative elemental growth rate patterns in the elongation zone of Arabidopsis roots upon gravistimulation. Planta 206: 598–603. , , .
- 2006. Dynamics of root growth stimulation in Nicotiana tabacum in increasing light intensity. Plant, Cell & Environment 29: 1936–1945. , , .
- 2004. Non-rigid motion estimation using the robust tensor method. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop 1: 25. , , .
- 2009. The significance of bolting and floral transitions as indicators of reproductive phase change in Arabidopsis. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 3367–3377. , .
- 2009. Systems Biology Update: cell type-specific transcriptional regulatory networks. Plant Physiology 152: 411–419. , .
- 1998. Quantitative analysis of the local rates of growth of dicot leaves at a high temporal and spatial resolution, using image sequence analysis. The Plant Journal 16: 505–514. , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of cell expansion by the DISTORTED genes in Arabidopsis thaliana: actin controls the spatial organization of microtubules. Molecular Genetics and Genomics: MGG 269: 350–360. , , , , , , .
- 2000. New techniques enable comparative analysis of microtubule orientation, wall texture, and growth rate in intact roots of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 124: 1493. , , .
- 2005. Cuticular lipid composition, surface structure, and gene expression in Arabidopsis stem epidermis. Plant Physiology 139: 1649–1665. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Restriction of nyctinastic movements and application of tensile forces to leaves affects diurnal patterns of expansion growth. Functional Plant Biology 29: 1247. , , .
- 2000. Gibberellin-induced changes in growth anisotropy precede gibberellin-dependent changes in cortical microtubule orientation in developing epidermal cells of barley leaves. Kinematic and cytological studies on a gibberellin-responsive dwarf mutant, M489. Plant Physiology 124: 813–822. , , .
- 2002. Vascular development in Arabidopsis. In: Jeon KW, ed. A survey of cell biology. Maryland Heights, MO, USA: Elsevier, 225. , , , , .
- 2008. A battery of transcription factors involved in the regulation of secondary cell wall biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 20: 2763–2782. , , , , .