Evidence that sphingolipid signaling is involved in responding to low temperature
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Author. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Special Issue: Featured papers on ‘Bioenergy trees’
Volume 194, Issue 1, pages 7–9, April 2012
How to Cite
Lynch, D. V. (2012), Evidence that sphingolipid signaling is involved in responding to low temperature. New Phytologist, 194: 7–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04078.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
- 2011. Nitric oxide participates in cold-responsive phosphosphingolipid formation and gene expression in Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytologist 189: 415–427. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Plant sphingolipids: structure, synthesis and function. In: Wada H, Murata N, eds. Lipids in photosynthesis; essential and regulatory functions. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 77–115. , , , , .
- 2003. Sphingolipid signalling in Arabidopsis guard cells involves heterotrimeric G proteins. Nature 423: 651–654. , , , , , .
- 2005. Arabidopsis sphingosine kinase and the effects of phytosphingosine-1-phosphate on stomatal aperture. Plant Physiology 137: 724–737. , , , , , .
- 2012. Phytosphingosine-phosphate is a signal for AtMPK6 activation and Arabidopsis response to chilling. New Phytologist 194: 181–191. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Phosphatidic acid binds and stimulates Arabidopsis sphingosine kinases. Journal of Biological Chemistry 286: 13336–13345. , , , .
- 2003. Ceramide phosphorylation modulates programmed cell death in plants. Genes and Development 17: 2636–2641. , , , , , .
- 2009. Functional characterization of a higher plant sphingolipid Δ4-desaturase: defining the role of sphingosine and sphingosine-1-phosphate in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiology 149: 487–498. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Drought-induced guard cell signal transduction involves sphingosine-1-phosphate. Nature 410: 596–599. , , , , .
- 2002. Activation of phospholipases C and D is an early response to a cold exposure in Arabidopsis suspension cells. Plant Physiology 130: 999–1007. , , , , .
- 2009. Cold signaling and cold acclimation in plants. Advances in Botanical Research 49: 35–150. , , , .
- 2011. MPK6, sphinganine and the LCB2a gene from serine palmitoyltransferase are required in the signaling pathway that mediates cell death induced by long-chain bases in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist 191: 943–957. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Involvement of sphingoid bases in mediating reactive oxygen intermediate production and programmed cell death in Arabidopsis. Cell Research 17: 1–11. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. The cold-induced early activation of phospholipase C and D pathways determines the response of two distinct clusters of genes in Arabidopsis cell suspensions. Plant Physiology 139: 1217–1233. , , , , , , .
- 2008. An inositolphosphorylceramide synthase is involved in regulation of plant programmed cell death associated with defense. Plant Cell 20: 3163–3179. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Involvement of sphingosine kinase in plant cell signaling. Plant Journal 56: 64–72. , , , , , , , .