Models of long-distance transport: how is carrier-dependent auxin transport regulated in the stem?
Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 194, Issue 3, pages 704–715, May 2012
How to Cite
Renton, M., Hanan, J., Ferguson, B. J. and Beveridge, C. A. (2012), Models of long-distance transport: how is carrier-dependent auxin transport regulated in the stem?. New Phytologist, 194: 704–715. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04093.x
- Issue online: 10 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2012
- Received: 6 November 2011, Accepted: 22 January 2012
Vol. 203, Issue 2, 705, Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2014
- 2011. Competitive canalization of PIN-dependent auxin flow from axillary buds controls pea bud outgrowth. Plant Journal 65: 571–577. , , , , .
- 2003. Local, efflux-dependent auxin gradients as a common module for plant organ formation. Cell 115: 591–602. , , , , , , .
- 2006. The Arabidopsis MAX pathway controls shoot branching by regulating auxin transport. Current Biology 16: 553–563. , , , , , .
- 2009. Pea has its tendrils in branching discoveries spanning a century from auxin to strigolactones. Plant Physiology 151: 985–990. , , .
- 2000. Auxin inhibition of decapitation-induced branching is dependent on graft-transmissible signals regulated by genes Rms1 and Rms2. Plant Physiology 123: 689–697. , , .
- 2005. The PIN auxin efflux facilitator network controls growth and patterning in Arabidopsis roots. Nature 433: 39–44. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. The pea TCP transcription factor PsBRC1 acts downstream of strigolactones to control shoot branching. Plant Physiology 158: 225–238. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Strigolactone acts downstream of auxin to regulate bud outgrowth in pea and Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 150: 482–493. , , , , .
- 2007. Clathrin-mediated constitutive endocytosis of PIN auxin efflux carriers in Arabidopsis. Current Biology 17: 520–527. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Signal integration in the control of shoot branching. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 12: 211–221. , .
- 2012. Antagonistic action of strigolactone and cytokinin in bud outgrowth control. Plant Physiology 158: 487–498. , , , .
- 2006. Apical dominance and shoot branching. Divergent opinions or divergent mechanisms? Plant Physiology 142: 812–819. , , .
- 1980. Cell length, light and 14C-labelled indole-3yl-acetic acid and transport in Pisum sativum L. and Phaseolus vulgaris L. Planta 149: 327–331. , .
- 1980. Distribution of labeled auxin and derivatives in stem tissue of intact and decapitated broad-bean plants in relation to apical dominance. Physiologia Plantarum 50: 145–152. , .
- 2009. Roles for auxin, cytokinin, and strigolactone in regulating shoot branching. Plant Physiology 149: 1929–1944. , .
- 2003. Efflux-dependent auxin gradients establish the apical–basal axis of Arabidopsis. Nature 426: 147–153. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Lateral relocation of auxin efflux regulator PIN3 mediates tropism in Arabidopsis. Nature 415: 806–809. , , , , .
- 2001. Auxin transport inhibitors block PIN1 cycling and vesicle trafficking. Nature 413: 425–428. , , , , .
- 1977. The polar transport of auxin. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 28: 439–478. .
- 2007. Modelling meristem development in plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 10: 92–97. , .
- 2008. Computer models of auxin transport: a review and commentary. Journal of Experimental Botany 59: 45–53. .
- 1968. Distribution of 14C-labelled sucrose in seedlings of Pisum sativum L. treated with indoleacetic acid and kinetin. Planta 83: 276–281. , .
- 2005. Auxin dynamics after decapitation are not correlated with the initial growth of axillary buds. Plant Physiology 138: 1665–1672. , , , , .
- 2011. Auxin, cytokinin and the control of shoot branching. Annals of Botany 107: 1203–1212. , .
- 2009. Control of bud activation by an auxin transport switch. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 106: 17431–17436. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of phyllotaxis by polar auxin transport. Nature 426: 255–260. , , , , , , , , .
- 1967. The role of auxins and cytokinins in the release of buds from dominance. American Journal of Botany 54: 136–144. , .
- 2009. Auxin: a trigger for change in plant development. Cell 136: 1005–1016. , .
- 2005. Functional redundancy of PIN proteins is accompanied by auxin-dependent cross-regulation of PIN expression. Development 132: 4521–4531. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Prototype cell-to-cell auxin transport mechanism by intracellular auxin compartmentalization. Trends in Plant Science 16: 468–475. , , , .
- 2010. Axillary bud outgrowth in herbaceous shoots: how do strigolactones fit into the picture? Plant Molecular Biology 73: 27–36. , , .