Nitrate transport capacity of the Arabidopsis thaliana NRT2 family members and their interactions with AtNAR2.1
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 194, Issue 3, pages 724–731, May 2012
How to Cite
Kotur, Z., Mackenzie, N., Ramesh, S., Tyerman, S. D., Kaiser, B. N. and Glass, A. D. M. (2012), Nitrate transport capacity of the Arabidopsis thaliana NRT2 family members and their interactions with AtNAR2.1. New Phytologist, 194: 724–731. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04094.x
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
- Received: 26 November 2011, Accepted: 31 January 2012
- 2006. Expression of rice (Oryza sativa L.) genes involved in high-affinity nitrate transport during the period of nitrate induction. Breeding Science 56: 295–302. , .
- 2008. Gene structure and expression of the high-affinity nitrate transport system in rice roots. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 50: 443–451. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Regulation of the high-affinity nitrate transport system in wheat roots by exogenous abscisic acid and glutamine. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 49: 1719–1725. , , , , , .
- 2007. The Arabidopsis ATNRT2.7 nitrate transporter controls nitrate content in seeds. Plant Cell 19: 1590–1602. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Subcellular localization of interacting proteins by bimolecular fluorescence complementation in planta. Journal of Molecular Biology 362: 1120–1131. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. From the soil to the seeds: the long journey of nitrate in plants. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 1349–1359. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Spatial expression and regulation of rice high-affinity nitrate transporters by nitrogen and carbon status. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 2319–2332. , , , , , , .
- 2001. An Arabidopsis T-DNA mutant affected in Nrt2 genes is impaired in nitrate uptake. FEBS Letters 489: 220–224. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Nitrate transporters in plants: structure, function and regulation. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Biomembranes 1465: 219–235. .
- 2009. Nitrate uptake by plant roots. Botany-Botanique 87: 659–667. .
- 2005. Isolation and characterization of the Xenopus oocyte plasma membrane: a new method for studying activity of water and solute transporters. American Journal of Physiology-Renal Physiology 289: F217–F224. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Two-component high-affinity nitrate transport system in barley: membrane localization, protein expression in roots and a direct protein–protein interaction. Plant Biotechnology 26: 197–205. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Ins and outs of Major Facilitator Superfamily, antiporters. Annual Review of Microbiology 62: 289–305. , , .
- 2007. Dissection of the AtNRT2.1:AtNRT2.2 inducible high-affinity nitrate transporter gene cluster. Plant Physiology 143: 425–433. , , , , , .
- 1992. Subunit stoichiometry of a mammalian K+ channel determined by construction of multimeric cDNAs. Neuron 9: 861–871. , , .
- 2005. Denaturing RNA electrophoresis in TAE agarose gels. Analytical Biochemistry 336: 46–50. , , , .
- 2010. Arabidopsis ABCG transporters, which are required for export of diverse cuticular lipids, dimerize in different combinations. Plant Cell 22: 3066–3075. , , , .
- 2009. Freeways in the plant: transporters for N, P and S and their regulation. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 12: 284–290. , , .
- 2006. High-affinity nitrate transport in roots of Arabidopsis depends on expression of the NAR2-like gene AtNRT3.1. Plant Physiology 140: 1036–1046. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of NRT1 and NRT2 gene families of Arabidopsis thaliana: responses to nitrate provision. Plant and Cell Physiology 44: 304–317. , , .
- 2006. Characterization of a two-component high-affinity nitrate uptake system in Arabidopsis. Physiology and protein-protein interaction. Plant Physiology 142: 1304–1317. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Analysis of the NRT2 nitrate transporter family in Arabidopsis. Structure and gene expression. Plant Physiology 129: 886–896. , , .
- 2010. Dichotomy in the NRT gene families of dicots and grass species. PLoS ONE 5: e15289. , , , , , .
- 1994. Identification of nitrate transporter genes in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Journal 5: 407–419. , , .
- 1999. The major facilitator superfamily. Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology 1: 257–279. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Transfection assays with protoplasts containing integrated reporter genes. Methods in Molecular Biology 323: 237–244. , , , .
- 2005. A two-component high-affinity nitrate uptake system in barley. Plant Journal 41: 442–450. , , , .
- 1996. Molecular cloning of higher plant homologues of the high-affinity nitrate transporters of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and Aspergillus nidulans. Gene 175: 223–231. , , .
- 2011. Integration of nitrogen and potassium signaling. Annual Review of Plant Biology 62: 207–226. , , , .
- 2007. Distinct roles of nitrate and nitrite in regulation of expression of the nitrate transport genes in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant and Cell Physiology 48: 484–497. , , , .
- 2007. Regulation of root nitrate uptake at the NRT2.1 protein level in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Biological Chemistry 282: 23541–23552. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Rice OsNAR2.1 interacts with OsNRT2.1, OsNRT2.2 and OsNRT2.3a nitrate transporters to provide uptake over high and low concentration ranges. Plant, Cell & Environment 34: 1360–1372. , , , , , .
- 2010. Characterization of an intact two-component high-affinity nitrate transporter from Arabidopsis roots. Plant Journal 63: 739–748. , , .
- 2000a. A high affinity nitrate transport system from Chlamydomonas requires two gene products. FEBS Letters 466: 225–227. , , , .
- 2000b. A high affinity fungal nitrate carrier with two transport mechanisms. Journal of Biological Chemistry 275: 39894–39899. , , , , , .
- 1999. Regulation of a putative high-affinity nitrate transporter (Nrt2;1At) in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 17: 563–568. , , , .