Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 194, Issue 2, pages 301–303, April 2012
How to Cite
Jones, H. G. (2012), How do rootstocks control shoot water relations?. New Phytologist, 194: 301–303. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04110.x
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2012
- 2003. Root and stem hydraulic conductivity as determinants of growth potential in grafted trees of apple (Malus pumila Mill.). Journal of Experimental Botany 54: 1221–1229. , , , .
- 2003. Daily shoot extension growth of peach trees growing on rootstocks that reduce scion growth is related to dynamics of stem water potentials. Tree Physiology 23: 695–704. , , .
- 1956. Possible mechanisms of rootstock effect. Annals of Applied Biology 44: 517–521. .
- 1975. Relationship between stomatal density and growth potential in apple rootstocks. Journal of Horticultural Science 50: 285–289. , .
- 1939. Anatomical studies of stems and roots of hardy fruit trees. II. The internal structure of the roots of some vigorous and some dwarfing apple rootstocks, and the correlation of structure with vigour. Journal of Pomology and Horticultural Science 17: 141–149. , .
- 1985. The early selection of grapevine rootstocks for resistance to drought conditions. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture 36: 195–198. .
- 1935. Apple rootstock studies. Effects of layered stocks upon the vigour and cropping of certain scions. Journal of Pomology 13: 293–350. .
- 1990. Response of apple rootstocks to irrigation in south-east England. Journal of Horticultural Science 65: 129–141. , .
- 1986. Endogenous growth regulators and rootstock/scion interactions in apple and cherry trees. Acta Horticulturae 179: 177–183. .
- 1981. Apple orchards. In: Kozlowski TT, ed. Water deficits and plant growth, Vol. VI. London, UK: Academic Press, 419–469. , .
- 2012. Rootstock control of scion transpiration and its acclimation to water deficit are controlled by different genes. New Phytologist 194: 416–429. , , , , .
- 1966. Apple rootstock studies: fifteen years’ results with Malling–Merton clones. Journal of Horticultural Science 41: 349–360. .
- 1981. Apple rootstock studies: Bramley’s seedling on dwarfing clones. Experimental Horticulture 32: 18–24. , , .
- 2006. Scion photosynthesis and gas-exchange in Vitis vinifera L. cv Shiraz: mediation of rootstock effects via xylem sap ABA. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 12: 82–96. , , .
- 2010. Relationships between xylem vessel characteristics, calculated axial hydraulic conductance and size-controlling capacity of peach rootstocks. Annals of Botany 105: 327–331. , , , .