Two strawberry miR159 family members display developmental-specific expression patterns in the fruit receptacle and cooperatively regulate Fa-GAMYB
Version of Record online: 11 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 1, pages 47–57, July 2012
How to Cite
Csukasi, F., Donaire, L., Casañal, A., Martínez-Priego, L., Botella, M. A., Medina-Escobar, N., Llave, C. and Valpuesta, V. (2012), Two strawberry miR159 family members display developmental-specific expression patterns in the fruit receptacle and cooperatively regulate Fa-GAMYB. New Phytologist, 195: 47–57. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04134.x
- Issue online: 24 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 APR 2012
- Received: 23 December 2011, Accepted: 26 February 2012
- 2004. Modulation of floral development by a gibberellin-regulated microRNA. Development 131: 3357–3365. , , , .
- 2002. Novel insight into vascular, stress, and auxin-dependent and -independent gene expression programs in strawberry, a non-climacteric fruit. Plant Physiology 129: 1019–1031. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. The strawberry FaMYB1 transcription factor suppresses anthocyanin and flavonol accumulation in transgenic tobacco. Plant Journal 28: 319–332. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Genetic analysis reveals functional redundancy and the major target genes of the Arabidopsis miR159 family. PNAS 104: 16371–16376. , , , , , .
- 2005. Antiquity of microRNAs and their targets in land plants. Plant Cell 17: 1658–1673. , .
- 2009. Gibberellin modulates anther development in rice via the transcriptional regulation of gamyb. Plant Cell 21: 1453–1472. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of endogenous gibberellins in strawberry, including the novel gibberellins GA123, GA124 and GA125. Phytochemistry 55: 887–890. , , , , .
- 2010. Generation and analysis of ESTs from strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa) fruits and evaluation of their utility in genetic and molecular studies. BMC Genomics 11: 503. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Cloning of the promoter region of b-xylosidase (FaXyl1) gene and effect of plant growth regulators on the expression of FaXyl1 in strawberry fruit. Plant Science 177: 49–56. , , .
- 2010. Identification and characterization of a novel miR159 target not related to MYB in tomato. Planta 232: 1009–1022. , , , , , .
- 2009. Cloning and characterization of small non-coding RNAs from grape. Plant Journal 59: 750–763. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Analysis of strawberry genes differentially expressed in response to Colletotrichum infection. Physiologia Plantarum 128: 633–650. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Floral Dip: Agrobacterium-Mediated Germ Line Transformation. In: Leandro P, ed. Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. 286. Transgenic Plants: Methods and Protocol. Totowa, NJ, USA: Humana Press Inc., 91–101. .
- 2010. MicroRNA directed siRNA biogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genetics 6: e1000903. , , , .
- 2011. Gibberellin biosynthesis and signalling during development of the strawberry receptacle. New Phytologist 191: 376–390. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Reconfiguration of the achene and receptacle metabolic networks during strawberry fruit development. Plant Physiology 148: 730–750. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. GAMYB-like genes, flowering, and gibberellin signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 127: 1682–1693. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. A GAMYB like gene in tomato and its expression during seed germination. Planta 228: 563–572. , .
- 1995. Gibberellin-regulated expression of a myb gene in barley aleurone cells: evidence for MYB transactivation of a high-pl α-amylase gene promoter. Plant Cell 7: 1879–1891. , , , .
- 1999. Target genes and regulatory domains of the GAMYB transcriptional activator in cereal aleurone. Plant Journal 17: 1–9. , , , , , .
- 2004. Computational identification of plant microRNAs and their targets, including a stress-induced miRNA. Molecular Cell 14: 787–799. , .
- 2006. MicroRNAs and their regulatory roles in plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 57: 19–53. , , .
- 2009. Biogenesis of small RNAs in animals. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 10: 126–139. , , .
- 2011. Evolution of MIR159/319 microRNA genes and their post-transcriptional regulatory link to siRNA pathways. BMC Evolutionary Biology 11: 122. , , , .
- 2009. Insights into the mechanism of plant development: interactions of miRNAs pathway with phytohormone response. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 384: 1–5. , .
- 2000. Virus-encoded suppressor of posttranscriptional gene silencing targets a maintenance step in the silencing pathway. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 13401–13406. , , .
- 2002. Endogenous and silencing-associated small RNAs in plants. Plant Cell 14: 1605–1619. , , , .
- 1991. Isolation of nucleic acids from plants by differential solvent precipitation. Analytical Biochemistry 195: 45–50. .
- 1998. Isolation of a set of ripening-related genes from strawberry: their identification and possible relationship to fruit quality traits. Planta 205: 622–631. .
- 2005. The Arabidopsis GAMYB-like genes, MYB33 and MYB65, are microRNA-regulated genes that redundantly facilitate anther development. Plant Cell 17: 705–721. , .
- 2008. Deep sequencing of tomato short RNAs identifies microRNAs targeting genes involved in fruit ripening. Genome Research 18: 1602–1609. , , , , , , .
- 1962. A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiologia Plantarum 15: 473–497. , .
- 2003. A role for HvGAMYB in anther development. Plant Journal 33: 481–491. , , , .
- 1950. Growth and morphogenesis of the strawberry as related to auxin. American Journal of Botany 37: 211–215. .
- 2009. Regulation of small RNA accumulation in the maize shoot apex. PLoS Genetics 5: e1000320. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Growth and ripening of strawberry fruit. In: Janick J, ed. Vol 17. Horticultural reviews. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 267–297. .
- 2001. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR. Nucleic Acids Research 29: e45. .
- 2007. Identification of novel small RNAs in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Planta 226: 709–717. , , , , , , .
- 2006. A diverse and evolutionarily fluid set of microRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes & Development 20: 3407–3425. , , , .
- 2007. ABA induction of miR159 controls transcript levels of two MYB factors during Arabidopsis seed germination. Plant Journal 49: 592–606. , .
- 2002. Prediction of plant microRNA targets. Cell 110: 513–520. , , , , , .
- 1989. Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual. 2nd edn. Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , .
- 2008. Berry fruits: compositional elements, biochemical activities, and the impact of their intake on human health, performance, and disease. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 56: 627–629. .
- 2011. The genome of woodland strawberry (Fragaria vesca). Nature Genetics 43: 109–116. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. GAMYB controls different sets of genes and is differentially regulated by microRNA in aleurone cells and anthers. Plant Journal 47: 427–444. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Origin, biogenesis, and activity of plant microRNAs. Cell 136: 669–687. .
- 2008. Gibberellin metabolism and its regulation. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 225–251. .