Characterization of the high affinity Zn transporter from Noccaea caerulescens, NcZNT1, and dissection of its promoter for its role in Zn uptake and hyperaccumulation
Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
No claim to original US government works. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 1, pages 113–123, July 2012
How to Cite
Milner, M. J., Craft, E., Yamaji, N., Koyama, E., Ma, J. F. and Kochian, L. V. (2012), Characterization of the high affinity Zn transporter from Noccaea caerulescens, NcZNT1, and dissection of its promoter for its role in Zn uptake and hyperaccumulation. New Phytologist, 195: 113–123. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04144.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2012
- Received: 13 January 2012, Accepted: 7 March 2012
- 2009. Reciprocal grafting separates the roles of the root and shoot in zinc hyperaccumulation in Thlaspi caerulescens. New Phytologist 184: 323–329. , , .
- 2010. Arabidopsis thaliana transcription factors bZIP19 and bZIP23 regulate the adaptation to zinc deficiency. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107: 10296–10301. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Heavy metal accumulation and tolerance in British populations of the metallophyte Thlaspi caerulescens J&C Presl (Brassicaceae). New Phytologist 127: 61–68. , , .
- 2004. A novel CPx-ATPase from the cadmium hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. FEBS Letters 569: 140–148. , , , , .
- 1995a. Zinc and cadmium uptake by hypearccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens and metal tolerant Silene vulgaris grown on sludge-amended soils. Environmental Science and Technology 29: 1581–1585. , , , .
- 1995b. Zinc and cadmium uptake by hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens grown in nutrient solution. Soil Science Society of America Journal 59: 125–133. , , , .
- 1993. Zinc phytotoxicity. In: Robson AD, ed. Zinc in soil and plants. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 135–150. .
- 2002. Expression of the IRT1 metal transporter is controlled by metals at the levels of transcript and protein accumulation. Plant Cell 14: 1347–1357. , , .
- 2005. Arabidopsis thaliana MTP1 is a Zn transporter in the vacuolar membrane which mediates Zn detoxification and drives leaf Zn accumulation. FEBS Letters 579: 4165–4174. , , , , , .
- 1997. Phytoextraction of cadmium and zinc from a contaminated site. Journal of Environmental Quality 26: 1424–1430. , , , , , .
- 1996. A novel iron-regulated metal transporter from plants identified by functional expression in yeast. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 93: 5624–5628. , , , .
- 2000. Trace elements in soils and plants. Boca Raton, Florida, USA: CRC Press. , .
- 2007. A method for cellular localization of gene expression via quantitative in situ hybridization in plants. Plant Journal 50: 159–175. , , , , .
- 1996. Physiological characterization of root Zn2+ absorption and translocation to shoots in Zn hyperaccumulator and nonaccumulator species of Thlaspi. Plant Physiology 112: 1715–1722. , , .
- 1998. Altered Zn compartmentation in the root symplasm and stimulated Zn absorption into the leaf as mechanisms involved in Zn hyperaccumulation in Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant Physiology 118: 875–883. , , .
- 2000. Molecular physiology of zinc transport in the Zn hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Journal of Experimental Botany 51: 71–79. , , , , .
- 1995. Efficient isolation and mapping of Arabidopsis thaliana T-DNA insert junctions by thermal asymmetric interlaced PCR. Plant Journal 8: 457–463. , , , .
- 2000. Genome-wide characterization of the Zap1p zinc-responsive regulon in yeast. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 7957–7962. , , , , , .
- 2005. Subcellular localisation of Cd and Zn in the leaves of a Cd-hyperaccumulating ecotype of Thlaspi caerulescens. Planta 220: 731–736. , , , .
- 2004. Identification of Thlaspi caerulescens genes that may be involved in heavy metal hyperaccumulation and tolerance. Characterization of a novel heavy metal transporting ATPase. Plant Physiology 136: 3814–3823. , .
- 2000. The molecular physiology of heavy metal transport in the Zn/Cd hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 4956–4960. , , , , , , , .
- 1983. European species of Thlaspi L. (Cruciferae) as indicators of nickel and zinc. Journal of Geochemical Exploration 18: 275–283. , .
- 2001. Signal transduction in maize and Arabidopsis mesophyll protoplasts. Plant Physiology 127: 1466–1475. .
- 2011. Elevated expression of TcHMA3 plays a key role in the extreme Cd tolerance in a Cd-hyperaccumulating ecotype of Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant Journal 66: 852–862. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Spatial distribution and temporal variation of the rice silicon transporter Lsi1. Plant Physiology 143: 1306–1313. , .
- 1996. The yeast ZRT1 gene encodes the zinc transporter of a high affinity uptake system induced by zinc limitation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 93: 2454–2458. , .