A new tool for analysis of root growth in the spatio-temporal continuum
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 1, pages 264–274, July 2012
How to Cite
Basu, P. and Pal, A. (2012), A new tool for analysis of root growth in the spatio-temporal continuum. New Phytologist, 195: 264–274. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04149.x
- Issue online: 24 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
- Received: 6 January 2012, Accepted: 11 March 2012
- 2009. Ez-rhizo: integrated software for the fast and accurate measurement of root system architecture. The Plant Journal 57: 945–956. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Interactive live-wire boundary extraction. Medical Image Analysis 1: 331–341. , .
- 2007. A novel image-analysis technique for kinematic study of growth and curvature. Plant Physiology 145: 305–316. , , , .
- 1986. A computational approach to edge detection. IEEE Transaction Pattern Analysis Machine Intelligence 8: 679–698. .
- 2008. Spatio-temporal quantification of differential growth processes in root growth zones based on a novel combination of image sequence processing and refined concepts describing curvature production. New Phytologist 177: 811–821. , , , , , .
- 2011. Three-dimensional root phenotyping with a novel imaging and software platform. Plant Physiology 156: 455–465. , , , , , , .
- 1999. An algebraic solution to surface recovery from cross-sectional contours. Graphical Models and Image Processing 61: 222–243. , .
- 1959. A note on two problems in connexion with graphs. Numerische Mathematik 1: 269–271. .
- 1956. Elemental growth rate of the primary root of zea mays. Proceedings of American Philosophical Society 100: 487–498. , .
- 2009. High-throughput quantification of root growth using a novel image-analysis tool. Plant Physiology 150: 1784–1795. , , , , .
- 2005. 3D live-wire-based semi-automatic segmentation of medical images. SPIE Medical Imaging 5747: 1597–1603. , , , .
- 1987. Snakes: active contour models. International Journal of Computer Vision 1: 321–331. , , .
- 2001. Effect of phosphorus availability on basal root shallowness in common bean. Plant and Soil 232: 69–79. , , , , , .
- 2008. An auxin transport-based model of root branching in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE 3: e3673. , , , , .
- 2007. Computer-vision analysis of seedling responses to light and gravity. The Plant Journal 52: 374–381. , , .
- 2007. Hidden branches: developments in root system architecture. Annual Review of Plant Biology 58: 93–113. , , .
- 2002. Iterative image deformation methods in PIV. Measurement Science and Technology 13: R1–R19. .
- 2009. Environmental effects on spatial and temporal patterns of leaf and root growth. Annual Review of Plant Biology 60: 279–304. , , .
- 2002. Spatio-temporal dynamics of expansion growth in roots: automatic quantification of diurnal course and temperature response by digital image sequence processing. Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 689–698. , , , , , .
- 2003. A new algorithm for computational image analysis of deformable motion at high spatial and temporal resolution applied to root growth. Roughly uniform elongation in the meristem and also, after an abrupt acceleration, in the elongation zone. Plant Physiology 132: 1138–1148. , , , , , .
- 2010. Analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana root growth kinetics with high temporal and spatial resolution. Annals of Botany 105: 783–791. , .