These authors contributed equally to this work.
Arabidopsis RAP2.2 plays an important role in plant resistance to Botrytis cinerea and ethylene responses
Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 2, pages 450–460, July 2012
How to Cite
Zhao, Y., Wei, T., Yin, K.-Q., Chen, Z., Gu, H., Qu, L.-J. and Qin, G. (2012), Arabidopsis RAP2.2 plays an important role in plant resistance to Botrytis cinerea and ethylene responses. New Phytologist, 195: 450–460. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04160.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
- Received: 10 February 2012, Accepted: 21 March 2012
- 1999. EIN2, a bifunctional transducer of ethylene and stress responses in Arabidopsis. Science 284: 2148–2152. , , , , .
- 2003. Five components of the ethylene-response pathway identified in a screen for weak ethylene-insensitive mutants in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 2992–2997. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Flooding stress: acclimations and genetic diversity. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 313–339. , .
- 2002. Constitutive expression of ETHYLENE-RESPONSE-FACTOR1 in Arabidopsis confers resistance to several necrotrophic fungi. Plant Journal 29: 23–32. , , .
- 2000. Ethylene: a gaseous signal molecule in plants. Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology 16: 1–18. , .
- 1997. Activation of the ethylene gas response pathway in Arabidopsis by the nuclear protein ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE3 and related proteins. Cell 89: 1133–1144. , , , , , .
- 2009. HISTONE MONOUBIQUITINATION1 interacts with a subunit of the Mediator complex and regulates defense against necrotrophic fungal pathogens in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 21: 1000–1019. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Arabidopsis local resistance to Botrytis cinerea involves salicylic acid and camalexin and requires EDS4 and PAD2, but not SID2, EDS5 or PAD4. Plant Journal 35: 193–205. , , , .
- 2006. Crosstalk between abiotic and biotic stress responses: a current view from the points of convergence in the stress signaling networks. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 9: 436–442. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Homeostatic response to hypoxia is regulated by the N-end rule pathway in plants. Nature 479: 415–418. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Contrasting mechanisms of defense against biotrophic and necrotrophic pathogens. Annual Review of Phytopathology 43: 205–227. .
- 2009. Hormone (dis)harmony moulds plant health and disease. Science 324: 750–752. , .
- 2009. Dof5.6/HCA2, a Dof transcription factor gene, regulates interfascicular cambium formation and vascular tissue development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 21: 3518–3534. , , , .
- 2003. Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF (EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor. Cell 115: 667–677. , .
- 2004. Regulation of disease resistance pathways by AP2/ERF transcription factors. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 7: 465–471. , .
- 2010. Arabidopsis RAP2.2: an ethylene response transcription factor that is important for hypoxia survival. Plant Physiology 153: 757–772. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Ethylene responses are negatively regulated by a receptor gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell 94: 261–271. , .
- 2003. Biochemical and functional analysis of CTR1, a protein kinase that negatively regulates ethylene signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 33: 221–233. , , , , .
- 2011. Expression profile analysis of hypoxia responses in Arabidopsis roots and shoots. Journal of Plant Biology 54: 373–383. , , , , , .
- 1998. The ethylene gas signal transduction pathway: a molecular perspective. Annual Review of Genetics 32: 227–254. , .
- 2007. The barley ERF-type transcription factor HvRAF confers enhanced pathogen resistance and salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Planta 225: 575–588. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The Mediator complex subunit PFT1 is a key regulator of jasmonate-dependent defense in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 21: 2237–2252. , , , , , , .
- 1993. CTR1, a negative regulator of the ethylene response pathway in Arabidopsis, encodes a member of the RAF family of protein-kinases. Cell 72: 427–441. , , , , .
- 2010. Necrotroph attacks on plants: wanton destruction or covert extortion? The Arabidopsis Book 8: e0136. , .
- 2011. Regulation of the molecular response to oxygen limitations in plants. New Phytologist 190: 550–555. .
- 2011. Oxygen sensing in plants is mediated by an N-end rule pathway for protein destabilization. Nature 479: 419–422. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. HRE1 and HRE2, two hypoxia-inducible ethylene response factors, affect anaerobic responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 62: 302–315. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Targeted degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor ICK4/KRP6 by RING-type E3 ligases is essential for mitotic cell cycle progression during Arabidopsis gametogenesis. Plant Cell 20: 1538–1554. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2−ΔΔCT method. Methods 25: 402–408. , .
- 2006. Ethylene as a modulator of disease resistance in plants. Trends in Plant Science 11: 184–191. , , .
- 2003. ETHYLENE RESPONSE FACTOR1 integrates signals from ethylene and jasmonate pathways in plant defense. Plant Cell 15: 165–178. , , , .
- 2006. Genome-wide analysis of the ERF gene family in Arabidopsis and rice. Plant Physiology 140: 411–432. , , , .
- 2003. Recognition and response in the plant immune system. Annual Review of Genetics 37: 579–609. , , , .
- 1995. Ethylene-inducible DNA binding proteins that interact with an ethylene-responsive element. Plant Cell 7: 173–182. , .
- 2011. A high-throughput screening system for Arabidopsis transcription factors and its application to Med25-dependent transcriptional regulation. Molecular Plant 4: 546–555. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. The AP2/ERF domain transcription factor ORA59 integrates jasmonic acid and ethylene signals in plant defense. Plant Physiology 147: 1347–1357. , , , , , .
- 2005. An indole-3-acetic acid carboxyl methyltransferase regulates Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Cell 17: 2693–2704. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1998. Nuclear events in ethylene signaling: a transcriptional cascade mediated by ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE3 and ETHYLENE-RESPONSE-FACTOR1. Genes & Development 12: 3703–3714. , , , .
- 2009. Ethylene signaling and response: where different regulatory modules meet. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 12: 548–555. , .
- 2007. Mutations in LACS2, a long-chain acyl-coenzyme a synthetase, enhance susceptibility to avirulent Pseudomonas syringae but confer resistance to Botrytis cinerea in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 144: 1093–1103. , , .
- 1999. Requirement of functional ethylene-insensitive 2 gene for efficient resistance of Arabidopsis to infection by Botrytis cinerea. Plant Physiology 121: 1093–1101. , , , .
- 2004. Ectopic overexpression of tomato JERF3 in tobacco activates downstream gene expression and enhances salt tolerance. Plant Molecular Biology 55: 183–192. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Ethylene biosynthesis and signaling networks. Plant Cell 14: S131–S151. , , .
- 2011. High-throughput protoplast transactivation (PTA) system for the analysis of Arabidopsis transcription factor function. Plant Journal 68: 560–569. , , , , , .
- 2007. Transcription factor RAP2.2 and its interacting partner SINAT2: stable elements in the carotenogenesis of Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiology 145: 1073–1085. , , , , .
- 2007. Botrytis cinerea: the cause of grey mould disease. Molecular Plant Pathology 8: 561–580. , , , .
- 2011. CFL1, a WW domain protein, regulates cuticle development by modulating the function of HDG1, a class IV homeodomain transcription factor, in rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23: 3392–3411. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Disruption of the 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate reductoisomerase (DXR) gene results in albino, dwarf and defects in trichome initiation and stomata closure in Arabidopsis. Cell Research 20: 688–700. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. The AP2/ERF transcription factor AtERF73/HRE1 modulates ethylene responses during hypoxia in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 156: 202–212. , , , , .
- 2004. The pepper transcription factor CaPF1 confers pathogen and freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 136: 2862–2874. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Emerging connections in the ethylene signaling network. Trends in Plant Science 14: 270–279. , , .
- 2011. Two GCC boxes and AP2/ERF-domain transcription factor ORA59 in jasmonate/ethylene-mediated activation of the PDF1.2 promoter in Arabidopsis. Plant Molecular Biology 75: 321–331. , , , , , .
- 2006. Arabidopsis WRKY33 transcription factor is required for resistance to necrotrophic fungal pathogens. Plant Journal 48: 592–605. , , , .