Ectomycorrhiza and the open nitrogen cycle in an afrotropical rainforest
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 4, pages 728–729, September 2012
How to Cite
Kuyper, T. W. (2012), Ectomycorrhiza and the open nitrogen cycle in an afrotropical rainforest. New Phytologist, 195: 728–729. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04246.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
- 2012. Ectomycorrhizal symbiosis of tropical African trees. Mycorrhiza 22: 1–29. , , , .
- 2003. Nutrient obtained from leaf litter can improve the growth of dipterocarp seedlings. New Phytologist 160: 101–110. , , .
- 2005. Year-round monitoring of diversity and potential metabolic activity of the ectomycorrhizal community in a beech (Fagus silvatica) forest subjected to two thinning regimes. Mycorrhiza 15: 235–245. , , .
- 2010. Multi-host ectomycorrhizal fungi are predominant in a Guinean tropical rain forest and shared between canopy and tree seedlings. Environmental Microbiology 2: 2219–2232. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Leaf traits and decomposition in tropical rainforests: revisiting some commonly held views and towards a new hypothesis. New Phytologist 189: 950–965. , , , .
- 2010. Slowed decomposition is biotically mediated in an ectomycorrhizal, tropical rain forest. Oecologia 164: 785–795. , , , , .
- 2012. Stoichiometric controls of nitrogen and phosphorus cycling in decomposing beech litter. Ecology 93: 770–782. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Ecoenzymatic stoichiometry of microbial organic nutrient acquisition in soil and sediment. Nature 462: 795–798. , , .
- 2011. Spatial structure and the effects of host and soil environments on communities of ectomycorrhizal fungi in wooded savannas and rain forests of Continental Africa and Madagascar. Molecular Ecology 20: 3071–3080. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Enzymatic activities and stable isotope patterns of ectomycorrhizal fungi in relation to phylogeny and exploration types in an afrotropical rain forest. New Phytologist 195: 832–843. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Solute movement in the rhizosphere. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. , .