Role of recently evolved miRNA regulation of sunflower HaWRKY6 in response to temperature damage
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 4, pages 766–773, September 2012
How to Cite
Giacomelli, J. I., Weigel, D., Chan, R. L. and Manavella, P. A. (2012), Role of recently evolved miRNA regulation of sunflower HaWRKY6 in response to temperature damage. New Phytologist, 195: 766–773. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04259.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
- Received: 12 June 2012, Accepted: 2 July 2012
- 2011. Uncharacterized conserved motifs outside the HD-Zip domain in HD-Zip subfamily I transcription factors; a potential source of functional diversity. BMC Plant Biology 11: 42. , , , , .
- 2008. Evolution of microRNAs and their targets: are all microRNAs biologically relevant? Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1779: 725–734. .
- 2008. Evolution of plant microRNAs and their targets. Trends in Plant Science 13: 343–349. , .
- 2007. Common functions for diverse small RNAs of land plants. The Plant Cell 19: 1750–1769. , , .
- 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 16: 735–743. , .
- 2011. Evolution and functional diversification of MIRNA genes. The Plant Cell 23: 431–442. , , .
- 2012. Functional specialization of the plant miR396 regulatory network through distinct microRNA-target interactions. PLoS Genetics 8: e1002419. , , , .
- 2005. Hahb-4, a sunflower homeobox-leucine zipper gene, is a developmental regulator and confers drought tolerance to Arabidopsis thaliana plants. Transgenic Research 14: 429–440. , , , .
- 2007. Networks of WRKY transcription factors in defense signaling. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 10: 366–371. , .
- 2007. High-throughput sequencing of Arabidopsis microRNAs: evidence for frequent birth and death of MIRNA genes. PLoS ONE 2: e219. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Evolution of Arabidopsis thaliana microRNAs from random sequences. RNA 14: 2455–2459. , , , , .
- 2010. Transient assays for the analysis of miRNA processing and function. Methods in Molecular Biology 592: 255–264. , .
- 2002. Hahb-4, a homeobox-leucine zipper gene potentially involved in abscisic acid-dependent responses to water stress in sunflower. Plant, Cell & Environment 25: 633–640. , , , , .
- 2010. Expression analyses indicate the involvement of sunflower WRKY transcription factors in stress responses, and phylogenetic reconstructions reveal the existence of a novel clade in the Asteraceae. Plant Science 178: 398–410. , , , .
- 2000. pGreen: a versatile and flexible binary Ti vector for Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation. Plant Molecular Biology 42: 819–832. , , , , .
- 2007. MicroRNA-mediated regulation of stomatal development in Arabidopsis. The Plant Cell 19: 2417–2429. , , , , .
- 2006. Small RNA binding is a common strategy to suppress RNA silencing by several viral suppressors. The EMBO Journal 25: 2768–2780. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Global effects of the small RNA biogenesis machinery on the Arabidopsis thaliana transcriptome. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107: 17466–17473. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Ectopic expression of miR396 suppresses GRF target gene expression and alters leaf growth in Arabidopsis. Physiologia Plantarum 136: 223–236. , , , .
- 2008. Microarray-based analysis of stress-regulated microRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. RNA 14: 836–843. , , , , .
- 2002. Cleavage of Scarecrow-like mRNA targets directed by a class of Arabidopsis miRNA. Science 297: 2053–2056. , , , .
- 2006. Cross-talk between ethylene and drought signalling pathways is mediated by the sunflower Hahb-4 transcription factor. Plant Journal 48: 125–137. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Transient transformation of sunflower leaf discs via an Agrobacterium-mediated method: applications for gene expression and silencing studies. Nature Protocols 4: 1699–1707. , .
- 2008. HAHB4, a sunflower HD-Zip protein, integrates signals from the jasmonic acid and ethylene pathways during wounding and biotic stress responses. Plant Journal 56: 376–388. , , , , .
- 2009. Plant polycistronic precursors containing non-homologous microRNAs target transcripts encoding functionally related proteins. Genome Biology 10: R136. , , , .
- 2012. Identification and validation of Asteraceae miRNAs by the expressed sequence tag analysis. Gene 493: 253–259. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The evolution of plant regulatory networks: what Arabidopsis cannot say for itself. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 10: 653–659. , .
- 2008. Gene silencing in plants using artificial microRNAs and other small RNAs. Plant Journal 53: 674–690. , , .
- 2010. Control of cell proliferation in Arabidopsis thaliana by microRNA miR396. Development 137: 103–112. , , , , , .
- 2010. WRKY transcription factors. Trends in Plant Science 15: 247–258. , , , .
- 1981. Description of sunflower growth stages. Crop Science 11: 5–638. , .
- 2004. WRKY transcription factors: from DNA binding towards biological function. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 7: 491–498. , .
- 2009. Origin, biogenesis, and activity of plant microRNAs. Cell 136: 669–687. .
- 2011. miR396-targeted AtGRF transcription factors are required for coordination of cell division and differentiation during leaf development in Arabidopsis. Journal of Experimental Botany 62: 761–773. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Evolutionary conservation of the transcriptional network regulating secondary cell wall biosynthesis. Trends in Plant Science 15: 625–632. , , .