Shaping the pathogen response by protein kinase triggered oxidative burst
Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 196, Issue 1, pages 4–6, October 2012
How to Cite
Mair, A. and Teige, M. (2012), Shaping the pathogen response by protein kinase triggered oxidative burst. New Phytologist, 196: 4–6. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.04293.x
- Issue online: 24 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2012
- 1998. Reactive oxygen intermediates mediate a systemic signal network in the establishment of plant immunity. Cell 92: 773–784. , , , , , .
- 2008. MAPK signaling regulates nitric oxide and NADPH oxidase-dependent oxidative bursts in Nicotiana benthamiana. Plant Cell 20: 1390–1406. , , .
- 2008. Experimental testing of predicted myristoylation targets involved in asymmetric cell division and calcium-dependent signalling. Cell Cycle 7: 3709–3719. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Differential innate immune signalling via Ca2+ sensor protein kinases. Nature 464: 418–422. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Calcium signaling through protein kinases. The Arabidopsis calcium-dependent protein kinase gene family. Plant Physiology 129: 469–485. , , , .
- 2003. Subcellular targeting of nine calcium-dependent protein kinase isoforms from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 132: 1840–1848. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Nitric oxide functions as a signal in plant disease resistance. Nature 394: 585–588. , , , .
- 2005. Contrasting mechanisms of defense against biotrophic and necrotrophic pathogens. Annual Review of Phytopathology 43: 205–227. .
- 2004. Decoding Ca2+ signals through plant protein kinases. Annual Review of Plant Biology 55: 263–288. , , .
- 2007. Calcium-dependent protein kinases regulate the production of reactive oxygen species by potato NADPH oxidase. Plant Cell 19: 1065–1080. , , , , , , , .
- 2012. StCDPK5 confers resistance to late blight pathogen but increases susceptibility to early blight pathogen in potato via reactive oxygen species burst. New Phytologist 196: 223–237. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Ethylene-mediated cross-talk between calcium-dependent protein kinase and MAPK signaling controls stress responses in plants. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 10736–10741. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. The Ca2+-dependent protein kinase CPK3 is required for MAPK-independent salt-stress acclimation in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 63: 484–498. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Hormone crosstalk in plant disease and defense: more than just jasmonate–salicylate antagonism. Annual Review of Phytopathology 49: 317–343. , , .
- 2011. Cross-talk of calcium-dependent protein kinase and MAP kinase signaling. Plant Signaling and Behavior 6: 8–12. , , , .