Under one leaf: an historical perspective on the UK Plant Science Federation
Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. New Phytologist © 2012 New Phytologist Trust
Volume 195, Issue 1, pages 10–13, July 2012
How to Cite
Leonelli, S., Charnley, B., Webb, A. R. and Bastow, R. (2012), Under one leaf: an historical perspective on the UK Plant Science Federation. New Phytologist, 195: 10–13. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2012.4168.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
- 2010. An international bioinformatics infrastructure to underpin the Arabidopsis community. Plant Cell 22: 2530–2536. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. RNA silencing in plants. Nature 431: 356–363. .
- BBSRC. 2004. Review of BBSRC-funded research relevant to crop science: a report for BBSRC Council April 2004. http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/organisation/policies/reviews/scientific-areas/0404-crop-science.aspx [accessed 16 March 2012].
- 2009. Cellulosic biofuels. Annual Review of Plant Biology 60: 165–182. , .
- 2010. Plant breeding and intellectual property before and after the rise of Mendelism: the case of Britain. In: Gaudillere JP, Kevles DJ, Rheinberger HR, eds. Living properties: making knowledge and controlling ownership in modern biology. Berlin, Germany: MPIWG Preprint, 51–55. , .
- 2011. A stress-free walk from Arabidopsis to crops. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 22: 281–286. , .
- 2001. The tangled field: Barbara McClintock’s search for the patterns of genetic control. Cambridge, MA, USA: Harvard University Press. .
- 2009. Petunia: evolutionary, developmental and physiological genetics. New York, NY, USA: Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. , .
- 1999. A species of small antisense RNA in posttranscriptional gene silencing in plants. Science 286: 950–952. , .
- 2000. The rediscovery of Mendelism in agricultural context: Erich von Tschermak as plant-breeder. Comptes Rendus de l’Académie des Sciences – Series III – Sciences de la Vie 323: 1061–1067. .
- 2010. Models and orphans; concentration of the plant molecular life science research agenda. Scientometrics 83: 167–179. .
- 1977. Influence of the level of nitrate nutrition on ion uptake and assimilation, organic acid accumulation, and cation–anion balance in whole tomato plants. Plant Physiology 60: 349–353. , .
- 2010. The development of Arabidopsis as a model plant. Plant Journal 61: 909–921. , .
- 2007. Growing weed, producing knowledge. An epistemic history of Arabidopsis thaliana. History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences 29: 55–87. .
- 2012. Re-thinking organisms: the impact of databases on model organism biology. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences 43: 29–36. , .
- 2010. Plant nuclear hormone receptors: a role for small molecules in protein–protein interactions. Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology 26: 445–469. , , .
- 2003. The preservation of plant genetic resources. Experiences with Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 133: 1046–1050. , .
- 2007. Hybrids, pure cultures, and pure lines: from nineteenth-century biology to twentieth-century genetics. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences 38: 796–806. .
- 2007. From Linnaean species to Mendelian factors: elements of hybridism, 1751–1870. Annals of Science 64: 171–215. , .
- 2012. A cultural history of heredity. Chicago, IL, USA: University of Chicago Press. , .
- 1983. Gregor Mendel and the foundation of genetics. Brno, Czech Republic: Mendelianum/Czechoslovak Society for the History of Science. , , eds.
- 2004. Carpe diem: retooling the “publish or perish” model into the “share and survive” model. Plant Physiology 134: 543–547. .
- 2003. The Arabidopsis Information Resource (TAIR): a model organism database providing a centralized, curated gateway to Arabidopsis biology, research materials and community. Nucleic Acids Research 31: 224–228. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. An epistemology of the concrete: twentieth-century histories of life. Durham, NC, USA & London, UK: Duke University Press. .
- 1929. Plant hybridisation before Mendel. Princeton, NJ, USA: Princeton University Press. .
- 2002. Taking stock of our models: the function and future of stock centres. Nature Reviews Genetics 3: 711–717. , .
- 2002. A fortunate choice: the history of Arabidopsis as a model plant. Nature Reviews Genetics 3: 883–889. , .
- 2008. Plant hormone receptors: new perceptions. Genes and Development 22: 2139–2148. , .
- 1907. Plant breeding: comments on the experiments of Nilson and Burbank. London, UK: The Open Court Publishing Company. .