*This article was first given as a Munro Lecture at the University of Edinburgh, January 1992. Thanks are owed to the Munro Committee for inviting me, and to the Northern Scholars' Committee for making a lengthier stay possible. I am particularly grateful towards Professor Anthony Cohen, Department of Anthropology, for organizing it all, and for the time he spent discussing my propositions. Thanks are also owed to Dr Judith Okely and Dr Peter Hervik For their encouraging remarks on the first draft.
The native voice—and the anthropological vision*
Version of Record online: 24 JAN 2007
Volume 1, Issue 2, pages 173–186, June 1993
How to Cite
HASTRUP, K. (1993), The native voice—and the anthropological vision. Social Anthropology, 1: 173–186. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8676.1993.tb00249.x
- Issue online: 24 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 24 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!