* A first version of this paper was presented at the Graduate Seminar at the Department of Anthropology of the University of Bergen in April 1994. I thank the organisers of the seminar, Edvard Hviding and Geir Thomas Hylland Eriksen, for having stimulated me to write the paper; seminar participants, who helped me sharpen its focus; and Carlotta McAllister, Eduardo Archetti and Jean-Claude Galey for their critical comments on the later version. Fieldwork was carried out in the Dominican Republic between August 1991 and September 1992 and was supported by the University of Oslo.
Magic, money and alterity among Dominicans*
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2007
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 129–146, June 1995
How to Cite
KROHN-HANSEN, C. (1995), Magic, money and alterity among Dominicans. Social Anthropology, 3: 129–146. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8676.1995.tb00298.x
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!