Research in the Israeli-occupied territories was largely funded by the Wenner Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, while fieldwork in former Yugoslavia was made possible by the Economic and Social Research Council. The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation generously supported the preparation of this text.
Constitutive violence and the nationalist imaginary. Antagonism and defensive solidarity in ‘Palestine’ and ‘former Yugoslavia’*
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2007
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 319–340, October 2003
How to Cite
Bowman, G. (2003), Constitutive violence and the nationalist imaginary. Antagonism and defensive solidarity in ‘Palestine’ and ‘former Yugoslavia’. Social Anthropology, 11: 319–340. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8676.2003.tb00081.x
- Issue online: 19 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!