Children with severe developmental disabilities and behavioral disorders have increased special healthcare needs
Article first published online: 23 NOV 2007
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 49, Issue 12, pages 926–930, December 2007
How to Cite
Kennedy, C. H., Juárez, A. P., Becker, A., Greenslade, K., Harvey, M. T., Sullivan, C. and Tally, B. (2007), Children with severe developmental disabilities and behavioral disorders have increased special healthcare needs. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 49: 926–930. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2007.00926.x
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 23 NOV 2007
- Accepted for publication 29th July 2007.
- 1American Association on Mental Retardation. (1992) Mental Retardation: Definition, Classification, and Systems of Support. Washington , DC : American Association on Mental Retardation.
- 32004) Inclusion of Students with Severe Disabilities. Boston : Allyn and Bacon., (
- 42006) Life Beyond the Classroom: Transition Strategies for Young People with Disabilities. 4th edn. Baltimore : Paul H Brookes.(
- 142006) Pain, health conditions, and problem behavior in people with developmental disabilities. In: OberlanderT, SymonsF, editors Pain and Developmental Disabilities. Baltimore , MD : Paul H Brookes. p 121–138., (
- 15American Psychiatric Association. (2000) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th edn (DSMIV-TR). New York : American Psychiatric Association.
- 161991) Manual for the Child Behavior Checklist (TRF/6-18). Burlington , VT : Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont.(
- 172005) Single-case Designs for Educational Research. Boston : Allyn and Bacon.(
- 181999) The CHQ User's Manual. Boston , MA : Health Act., , (
- 202006) Current perspectives on Down syndrome: selected medical and social issues. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 142: 127–130., , , (
- 252002) Patients with special health care needs in pediatric dental practices. Pediatr Dent 24: 227–228.(
- 262006) Assessing pediatric pain and developmental disabilities. In: OberlanderT, SymonsF, editors Pain and Developmental Disabilities. Baltimore , MD : Paul H Brookes. p 89–108., , (