Development of the Gross Motor Function Classification System for cerebral palsy
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2008
© 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 249–253, April 2008
How to Cite
Rosenbaum, P. L., Palisano, R. J., Bartlett, D. J., Galuppi, B. E. and Russell, D. J. (2008), Development of the Gross Motor Function Classification System for cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 50: 249–253. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008.02045.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2008
- Accepted for publication 18th October 2007.
- 1Screening tests and standardized assessments used to identify and characterize developmental delays. Sem Pediatr Neurol 1998; 5: 1–7.
- 5Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS). Hamilton , Ontario : CanChild. http://www.canchild.ca/Portals/0/outcomes/pdf/GMFCS-ER.pdf (accessed January 2 2008)., , , , ,
- 8The locomotor development of children with cerebral palsy. In: , , editors. The neurophysiology and neuropsychology of motor development. Clinics in Developmental Medicine No. 143. London : Mac Keith Press, 1997: 101–23.,
- 18Content validity of the expanded Gross Motor Function Classification System. Dev Med Child Neurol (Forthcoming)., , ,
- 19World Health Organization. International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). Geneva : World Health Organization; 2001.
- 22Gross Motor Function Measure (GMFM-66 and GMFM-88) users' manual. Clinics in Developmental Medicine No. 159. Mac Keith Press: London , 2002., , ,
- 23Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory: development, standardization, and administration manual. Version 1.0. Boston , MA : New England Medical Center, 1992., , , ,
- 27Children and young people with cerebral palsy in Northern Ireland - birth years 1977-1997. A comprehensive report from the Northern Ireland Cerebral Palsy Register. Belfast : Queen's University, 2005., ,