Diversity of participation in children with cerebral palsy
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2008
© 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 363–369, May 2008
How to Cite
Imms, C., Reilly, S., Carlin, J. and Dodd, K. (2008), Diversity of participation in children with cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 50: 363–369. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008.02051.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2008
- Accepted for publication 23rd November 2007.
- 2World Health Organization. International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: Short version. Geneva : World Health Organization, 2001.
- 5Occupational development: towards an understanding of children's doing. J Occup Sci 2005; 12: 26–35., ,
- 6Children with cerebral palsy participate: a review of the literature. Disabil Rehabil Published online early 28th November 2007; DOI: 10.1080/09638280701673542.
- 8Participation of children with physical disabilities: relationships with diagnosis, physical function and demographic variables. Scand J Occup Ther 2004; 11: 156–62., , , et al.
- 9Factors influencing the physical activity levels of youths with physical and sensory disabilities. Adapted Phys Activity Quart 2000; 17: 40–53.,
- 14Children's Assessment of Participation and Enjoyment and Preferences for Activities of Kids. San Antonio, Texas : PsychCorp, 2004., , , et al.
- 15Development of the Gross Motor Function Classification System: reliability and validity results. 1996 http://www.canchild.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=153 (accessed 4th March 2008)., , , , ,
- 19Australian Bureau of Statistics. Children's participation in cultural and leisure activities. 2006. http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/0B14D86E14A1215ECA2569D70080031C (accessed September 20 2007).
- 20Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of Population and Housing: Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) 2001. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DetailsPage/2033.0.55.0012001?OpenDocument (accessed January 23 2007).
- 22Perceptions of youth with and without disabilities: implications for inclusive leisure programs and services. Ther Recreation J 1999; 33: 15–28., ,
- 23Physical activity as a normalizing experience for school-age children with physical disabilities. J Sport Soc Iss 2000; 24: 395–414.,