Self-concept in children with spina bifida compared with typically developing children
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 Mac Keith Press
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 50, Issue 10, pages 733–743, October 2008
How to Cite
Shields, N., Taylor, N. F. and Dodd, K. J. (2008), Self-concept in children with spina bifida compared with typically developing children. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 50: 733–743. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008.03096.x
- Issue published online: 17 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2008
- Accepted for publication 14th May 2008.
- 1Understanding motor development: infants, children, adolescents, adults. Boston: McGraw Hill, 1998., .
- 3An introduction to spina bifida. Chicago, IL: Children’s Memorial Spina Bifida Team, 1998., .
- 4Physical therapy for children. 3rd edn. St Louis: Saunders Elsevier, 2006., , .
- 5The self concept of adolescents with spina bifida. Z Kinderchir 1985; 1: 27–30., , .
- 10The health and social needs of young adults with physical disabilities. Clinics in Developmental Medicine No. 106. London: Mac Keith Press, 1989., , .
- 11Phase 5: Study quality assessment. In: Undertaking systematic reviews of research on effectiveness CRD’s guidance for those carrying out or commissioning reviews, 2001. http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/report4.htm (accessed 12 May 2008)., , , , .
- 12Curriculum Evaluation and Management Centre. 2007 ( http://www.cemcentre.org) (accessed 4th July 2008).
- 13Statistical power analysis for behavioural sciences. New York: Academic Press, 1977..
- 14Meta-Analysis Programs. Version 5.3. Berlin: Freie Universität, 1995..
- 15Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions 4.2.6, 2006. http://www.cochrane.org/resources/handbook/hbook.htm (accessed 12th May 2008)., , editors.
- 19Rodriguez Aponte M. A study of the self-concept of handicapped and nonhandicapped children and the parental perceptions of their offsprings’ self-concept: A comparative analysis. (Thesis). Temple University, 1989.
- 22Spina bifida adolescents self-esteem development. Ricerche di Psicologia 1996; 20: 229–38., .
- 25Adolescents with chronic illness: spina bifida and the perception of self. (Thesis). Fielding Inst., 1994..
- 26Manual for the self-perception profile for children. Denver, CO: University of Denver, 1985..
- 30Manual for Tennessee Self-Concept Scale. Nashville, TN: Counselor Recordings and Tests, 1965..
- 31Manual for the Piers-Harris Children’s Self-concept Scale. Nashville, TN: Counsellor Recordings and Tests, 1969..