Acknowledgements We are grateful to the children and families who participated in the study and to the clinical teams in South Thames, whose collaboration made the study possible. We thank Iris Carcani-Rathwell, Caron Coleman, Rachael Fallows, Greg Pasco, David Meldrum, Amarlie Ousdine, Samantha Ross, Emma Rowley, Vicky Slonims and Martha Turner for their help with assessments. The study was funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Department of Health.
Impairment in movement skills of children with autistic spectrum disorders
Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2009
© The Authors. Journal compilation © Mac Keith Press 2008
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 311–316, April 2009
How to Cite
GREEN, D., CHARMAN, T., PICKLES, A., CHANDLER, S., LOUCAS, T., SIMONOFF, E. and BAIRD, G. (2009), Impairment in movement skills of children with autistic spectrum disorders. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 51: 311–316. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008.03242.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 3 FEB 2009
- PUBLICATION DATA Accepted for publication 20th October 2008. Published online 3rd February 2009.
- 2The test of motor impairment. Guelph, Ontario, Canada: Brook Education, 1972., , .
- 4Bruininks–Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency – manual. Circle Pines, Minnesota, USA: American Guidance Service, 1978..
- 6The Movement Assessment Battery for Children. London, UK: The Psychological Corporation, 1992., .
- 17World Health Organisation. The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders. Diagnostic criteria for research. Geneva: WHO, 1993.
- 18Is questionnaire-based screening part of the solution to waiting lists for children with developmental coordination disorder? Br J Occup Ther 2005; 68: 2–10., , , et al.
- 19Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children. Third edition (UK). London: The Psychological Corporation; 1992..
- 20Coloured progressive matrices. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990., , .
- 21Standard progressive matrices. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990., , .
- 22Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales. Circle Pines, MN: American Guidance Service, 1984., , .
- 24Bootstrap methods for standard errors, confidence intervals, and other measures of statistical accuracy. Stat Sci 1986; 1: 54–75., .