Social communication difficulties and autism spectrum disorder in young children with optic nerve hypoplasia and/or septo-optic dysplasia
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2010
© The Authors. Journal compilation © Mac Keith Press 2010
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 52, Issue 10, pages 917–921, October 2010
How to Cite
PARR, J. R., DALE, N. J., SHAFFER, L. M. and SALT, A. T. (2010), Social communication difficulties and autism spectrum disorder in young children with optic nerve hypoplasia and/or septo-optic dysplasia. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 52: 917–921. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2010.03664.x
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2010
- PUBLICATION DATA Accepted for publication 21st January 2010. Published online 29th March 2010.
- 7Autistic patterns and defective communication in blind children with retrolental fibroplasias. In: HochPH, ZubinJ, editors. Psychopathology of communication. New York: Grune and Stratton, 1958; 64–83..
- 9More than meets the eye: blindness, talent and autism. In: PringL, editor. Autism and blindness: research and reflections. London: Whurr, 2005, 50–73., .
- 10Early signs of developmental setback and autism in infants with severe visual impairment. In: PringL, editor. Autism and blindness: research and reflections. London: Whurr, 2005, 74–98..
- 12World Health Organization. The ICD classification of mental and behavioural disorders: clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 22Towards an assessment schedule for social and communication development for young visually impaired children. Dev Med Child Neurol 1998; 40: 30–1., .
- 24Manual for the Reynell–Zinkin Scales. London: NFER, 1979..
- 25Insights from the blind. London: Souvenir Press, 1977..
- 27Neurobiology of cognitive and language processing: effects of early experience. In: JohnsonMH, editor. Brain development and cognition. Oxford: Blackwell Science, 1993, 424–48..