The authors wish to thank V. Klucharev, M. Meinhold, and B. Schalitz for help creating the virtual agents. Thanks are also due to U. Buhss, M. Fink, and T. Goschke for providing assistance with parts of the equipment and for support during data collection and analysis. J. R. Helmert, F. Mulvey, and M. Heubner made valuable comments on an earlier version of the manuscript. This research was supported by two grants from the European NEST-Pathfinder Projects PERCEPT (No. 043261) and MINET (No.043297).
Virtual friend or threat? The effects of facial expression and gaze interaction on psychophysiological responses and emotional experience
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 46, Issue 5, pages 922–931, September 2009
How to Cite
Schrammel, F., Pannasch, S., Graupner, S.-T., Mojzisch, A. and Velichkovsky, B. M. (2009), Virtual friend or threat? The effects of facial expression and gaze interaction on psychophysiological responses and emotional experience. Psychophysiology, 46: 922–931. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8986.2009.00831.x
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2009
- (Received February 29, 2008; Accepted October 23, 2008)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.